Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
that is a stock car? You are pretty good. That 0-60 is better than any of the mags.
I've got a green filter, MRT exhaust, and AP but that's all.

Thanks though! I'd like to blame the top speed partially on my road- it's kinda rough so I'll run this again in a safe, flat, and desolate area sometime soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
753 Posts
I've got a green filter, MRT exhaust, and AP but that's all.

Thanks though! I'd like to blame the top speed partially on my road- it's kinda rough so I'll run this again in a safe, flat, and desolate area sometime soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Your mods are about the same as mine... All you numbers actually look pretty accurate except for that 1/4 mile trap speed... especially if your 1/8th trap speed was 81 MPH..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
;)
Secretly, I moonlight for Car and Driver...

I just installed the v104 maps today so I'll give it another go soon!
Your first 0-60 post was outstanding,I have never seen one that quick. Curious to see what your trap speed will be at 1/4. With such a fast 0-60 and 1/4 et you should be well over 100mph at the 1/4mi mark.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Your first 0-60 post was outstanding,I have never seen one that quick. Curious to see what your trap speed will be at 1/4. With such a fast 0-60 and 1/4 et you should be well over 100mph at the 1/4mi mark.
I'm thinking it might be right around a 100.. maybe a hair less... maybe a hair more.... Guess it depends on your definition of "well over" ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well over is open to interpretation for sure. 4W4K3 kicked my butt 0-60,1/8mi,and 1/4 et but I ran a trap of 100 vs his 92. My guess is that if he could duplicate that run he would be faster than my 100 for sure. Maybe 103-104

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Below was my fourth run last night. Steeda tune, green filter, and muffler delete. Thats it. The rest is stock. 13's are possible.

I'm W675

View attachment 8090
Impressive!!! I figured a 14 flat was possible with a stage one setup but you cracked the 13's....nice. Street tires??

·
Registered
700 Posts
Whats the elevation, temp and humidity there at the track?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah 92 seems a bit low. I just ran mine yesterday at the track and went 14.74 @ 101 mph and the car is bone stock.
Quickest magazine test of a STOCK Foc ST could not get under 6.2 sec to 60 and no faster than 96 mph in 1/4 traps and top speed of 134. You have a RARE car. A multi magazine test COBB FBO car at sea-level in cool air ran no quicker than 5.5 sec to 60 and [email protected] The ST is zippy but FAR from quick. Before I gotta spare car 2014 base ST, I had a 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC sedan, the Balt SS/TC << turbocharged, was made from 2008 to 2010.. it was made as a coupe and sedan. Sedans like mine are rare. The balt SS sedan had Pontiac G5 tail lights. Anyway. It was a light 3045 lbs and a nice K04 turb, vs my ST with its tiny K03. The stock SS/TC sedan clocked [email protected] and 5.4 sec in 2 magazines. The coupe could manage 5.7 sec and [email protected] The final drive gearing was slightly different. These were stick only cars with limited slip diffs optional. My fbo ST car is barely capable of keeping pace with a new Honda Accord Sport with A10 trans upto about 50 mph then the Honda pulls slowly away. How?? 10 speeds and its gearing, all with 252 hp/275 tq. That reality is also the fact that Ford overrated their performance vehicles using 93/94 octane Michigan fuel while all other manufacturers use 89/91. The Focus ST's power on 91 with a splash of E50, is around 235 hp/255 tq. And the RS power is, according to RS Engineers, 324 hp/330 tq, overboistbumps torque up to 350 briefly, but not hp which is why the Civic Type R blows the RS doors off with 105 mph 1/4 speeds vs 102-103 for the RS, and of course the Type R is over 575 lbs lighter. Ford really dropped the ball on the ST. When a stock 2008 Honda Civic Si or 2009 Honda Accord V6 Sedan can match a stock Focus ST 0-60, and my 2009 Balt SS/TC, thats sad. Cars are getting heavier on the domestic side as has-been the case for 35 yrs while Jap cars stay light. Just my 2 cents. I went and bought another old SS/TC and it is so much more fun, and with just a retune, mild bolt ons it pushes 340 hp/365 tq crank.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts