Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Took my ST out to a 10/10ths event for my first track day. The car was a blast and held up really well. Makes me want a good set of tires and brakes just for track use.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep. It's right outside of Indy.

The brakes held up pretty well. They held up a lot better after we turned everything off, in sport it seemed to cause more wear. Fade wasn't too bad, but definitely could benefit from some track tires and brake pads.

Overall the car performed extremely well to be completely stock!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Well the T/C uses the brakes to limit control iirc so it will use more brakes for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey Patrick! I still can't believe I haven't seen your car around town yet!

The footage is great, The car looks very composed. I'm so excited to get out there with mine. I need to start keeping up with 10/10ths and Winning Formula schedules.

Who was your "instructor"?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Thanks for sharing the video.

What did you use for tire pressures? I have found that with even pressures all around (38F and 38R) the rear end is just too loose. Last autoX I ran with 38F and 32R and that helped a lot. It mad the car much more neutral and easier to control.

Did you notice the rear end trying to come around on you?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Patrick! I still can't believe I haven't seen your car around town yet!

The footage is great, The car looks very composed. I'm so excited to get out there with mine. I need to start keeping up with 10/10ths and Winning Formula schedules.

Who was your "instructor"?
Haha Hey Chris! I saw yours a few weeks ago at the airport, that white looks super clean on the ST.

Man It did great on the track, really neutral until the front left got a little greasey since putnam is basically all right turns haha.

Ole Jeff was my instructor. I had a blast! Can't wait to get a few more track days under my belt.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for sharing the video.

What did you use for tire pressures? I have found that with even pressures all around (38F and 38R) the rear end is just too loose. Last autoX I ran with 38F and 32R and that helped a lot. It mad the car much more neutral and easier to control.

Did you notice the rear end trying to come around on you?
We started out with what the factory recommends, and ended up lowering them to around 30-32 because the pressure would rise about 10psi once they got heat in them.

The back end really didn't step out on us too much besides for when we came too hot into turn 8 after passing some traffic and it was really easy to control. The car stayed very neutral until the front left tire got greasey, then the nose began to push a little. A proper set of tires and brake pads for the track would make a huge difference.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It sounded like you were getting a little inside wheel spin coming off one of the corners, is this correct? If so ho well did the system kick in to minimize it?
Yeah we were getting a little inside wheel spin coming out of the slower corners. A little throttle modulation and tracking out seemed to do the trick. I would love to see what this car would be like with a LSD. Does anyone know if or when Ford Racing will offer one?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does anyone know if or when Ford Racing will offer one?
AFAIK Quaife is the only one offering anything at the moment. Judging from Ford Racing's past offerings, if they ever do sell something, it will just be a re-brand of another manufacturer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I saw that car at Putnam. I talked to the lady who drove it. She had a good looking set of black wheels with hoosiers on it.

Chris are you taking your car out to the track any time soon?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm currently in wedding mode. Getting married next month. After that I will likely try and get some track time in before the end of the year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts