Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just put a deposit on an order at my local dealer. They charged me $1,000 above MRSP because it is a "limited production vehicle and they only get a certain allotment." The guy said for the Shelby they were charging 10k more then sticker. For any limited production car dealers will try to charge more and so on. The deposit, obviously is non refundable, but my credit car has not gone through yet. Is there anything I can do? I could send them the following link, and tell them I would bad mouth them on here. The thing is it was my fault, I accepted then 1k up charge because I did not know better. https://www.facebook.com/OfficialFordST/posts/415681411801324?ref=notif&notif_t=feed_comment

·
Registered
547 Posts
Did they say the deposit was non-refundable? Usually they are. Cancel your order and go elsewhere.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes they said non refundable, but the charge to my card has not gone through. I guess I could call them and try to cancel.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Jared,

If you put it on a credit card and not a debit card, you can always dispute it. Check your local laws, too. *Most* states do not allow non-refundable deposits. I'm not a lawyer, but I'd say that you have a case here in that it is NOT a limited run/low production vehicle and they lied to you in their saying such. With the recent Shelbys, that would be accurate, since they have scaled them back over the past few years. But I have seen on the record that they will produce as many STs as are requested.

Time for a come to Jesus meeting with them to let them know that they can make it right, or you will pull the deposit or dispute the charge, post negative feedback, and take your business elsewhere. I do not know why they do these things.

If they want to mark them up when they hit the lot, then more power to them, but to lie about production runs is an entirely different animal.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heck, if they won't refund it, I will be out the same amount they wanted to upcharge anyway but I could do to another dealer and pay MRSP and have the satisfaction of knowing I didn't give more of my money to them then I needed to

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks like if the dealer tells me it is non-refundable then it is non-refundable in Colorado. I think the only change I have is sending them that link to the official ford st post on facebook showing them what they told me was wrong and then seeing if they will make it right. If they don't, I will tell them my situation is going on the web

·
Registered
869 Posts
heck, if they won't refund it, I will be out the same amount they wanted to upcharge anyway but I could do to another dealer and pay MRSP and have the satisfaction of knowing I didn't give more of my money to them then I needed to
Yup. If you tell the other dealer the story, I'll bet you don't pay MSRP (if they're smart).

But I'd calmly approach them about it first and let them make it right. Everyone deserves that chance.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, the guy at the dealer I ordered from said that they can only order one at a time, they have one coming in that the dealer ordered and then my order will come through. He said they have 2 other ford dealers in the area and that those dealers won't see an ST until next year. So he wouldn't budge on the $1,000 up charge.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Okay, the guy at the dealer I ordered from said that they can only order one at a time, they have one coming in that the dealer ordered and then my order will come through. He said they have 2 other ford dealers in the area and that those dealers won't see an ST until next year. So he wouldn't budge on the $1,000 up charge.
Call the other dealers and call his bluff. I'm a pretty forgiving/patient guy, but at this point its pretty clear that this guy is just a bald-faced liar. I have no tolerance for that kind of immoral behavior. He has had his second chance.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts