Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm trying to source a cheap set of winter steel wheels (rims) for my car that will fit the callipers. I have a line on a set of 4 16 inch steel wheels and tires from a volvo V70r that SEEM like they would fit, but I wanted to check if anyone here knows for certain. The diameter is correct (25).

They are 16" wheels with what I believe is 42mm offset (based on stock ratings). I'm concerned because this seems out of spec. I am ASSUMING they are 7" wide, but I will verify that when I go see them, assuming someone here doesn't say, "No way dude, those won't fit".

Any advice? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I can't advise you on what to buy but;

If they came off of a late model Volvo the bolt pattern should be correct at 5/108 but you should check this before you buy them. The offset of 42mm is less than stock. That is to say there is less distance between the hub mount and the center of the wheel itself. This translates into the wheel being positioned further outboard than stock. Because the wheel is not as wide this effect is minimal in this case. Depending on the wheel design, at 42mm you should have plenty of brake clearance.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, that's great to know. Thanks! I was definitely clear that volvo uses the same bolt pattern. Now it's just about the offset and wheel clearance.

I also checked at 1010TIRES.COM - Wheel Offset Calculator and it seems to indicate that a 7" wide wheel with 42mm offset is identical in outside spacing to our factory Focus ST 18" wheels at 8" wide and 55mm offset. This seems ideal to me! With 6.5" wide wheel, it's slightly less than stock at the outside.

Again, any more advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Um righty tighty / lefty loosey :)

Just kidding.................Just make sure the tires are close in diameter 225/55/16s should work okay. You will defo loose some of the high speed handling capability on your car. As long as you're cool with that and you think the price is right, go for it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I purchased mine from a Volvo owner. only 16's, and 6" wide, but clear the calipers just fine and the price was right ( 100$) threw some nice TOYO winters on and some Tremclad, good to go. could have bought new, but I'm cheap. Plain and simple. I am running 205 65 16's .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts