Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wheels and tires are up for grabs. They're 18x8 Axis XMX wheels in matte/machined silver with 235/40R18 Kumho Ecsta 4X tires. Perfect fit for the ST; put your summer tires on these wheels and swap the Ecstas over to your stock wheels for winter duty.

These are a total plug-and-play package with TPMS included. Tires have been road-force balanced, and the tires and wheels only have 7500 miles on them. Also includes centering rings. These tires are phenomenal all-seasons, if the summer-only Goodyears aren't your style.

I'm asking only $1100 for the setup. I originally paid over 1700 for everything from Tirerack, so this is a steal for a full set of basically brand new wheels and tires with TPMS. I will also be including a full set of chrome lugs w/lug key, and the Ford TPMS triggering tool.

Please contact me via PM for inquiries, or reply to this thread. I won't ship currently, but I will meet within a 50 mile radius of 19047.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trading in the car, actually. Thanks, though. :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to mention, these will come with lugs, lug key, and a Ford TPMS triggering tool.

I also have a like-new K&N E-2993 drop-in filter and Husky Weatherbeater floor liners (better than Weathertech) that will fit the ST, if anyone's interested.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, was at the dealership picking up the new car.

Anyways, wheels are currently sold, and if all goes well, will be delivered on Saturday to a new home. Thanks for the interest!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol sell out!!
Well, I haven't been impressed with how Ford has handled warranty issues. A shame, too, because I would've gotten an ST.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dealt with suspension clunk issues from ~600 miles through 16,886 miles, when I traded it in. Ford wouldn't admit to an issue, let alone fix it, so I ended up doing a lot of work on my own trying to locate the clunk and eliminate it. The dealer tried to claim that it was normal, characteristic of 'European' suspension, and then after a test drive with the service manager, they gave me attitude and drove me out. I also had a hood repainted and a headlight replaced under warranty, and I really had to push for it.

On others, I've seen dealers balk at fixing oil leaks that are so obvious, it's ridiculous. Yet, they still try to claim that, "someone spilled oil on top of the engine."

See here: IMPORTANT: ALL MK3 Focus Owners, I could use your input. - Focus Fanatics
And here: 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Focus Fanatics

While the product lineup is compelling and generally pretty damn good, the Ford experience is still severely negative at the service level.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I dealt with suspension clunk issues from ~600 miles through 16,886 miles, when I traded it in. Ford wouldn't admit to an issue, let alone fix it, so I ended up doing a lot of work on my own trying to locate the clunk and eliminate it. The dealer tried to claim that it was normal, characteristic of 'European' suspension, and then after a test drive with the service manager, they gave me attitude and drove me out. I also had a hood repainted and a headlight replaced under warranty, and I really had to push for it.

On others, I've seen dealers balk at fixing oil leaks that are so obvious, it's ridiculous. Yet, they still try to claim that, "someone spilled oil on top of the engine."

See here: IMPORTANT: ALL MK3 Focus Owners, I could use your input. - Focus Fanatics
And here: 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Focus Fanatics

While the product lineup is compelling and generally pretty damn good, the Ford experience is still severely negative at the service level.
I can't blame you. When I was reading your other posts about this I was thinking to myself. If I was him I'd be buying a GTI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
922 Posts
The only catch is that I've heard VW dealers are even worse than Ford's. That and buying a VW is an invitation to play reliability roulette (and I'm speaking as a VW lover).

Hope your GTI is a peach, though.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The only catch is that I've heard VW dealers are even worse than Ford's. That and buying a VW is an invitation to play reliability roulette (and I'm speaking as a VW lover).

Hope your GTI is a peach, though.
Well, I do have a good personal relationship with my VW dealer; I used to work there. :)

Reliability wise, we'll see. I'm thinking positive thoughts right now. Besides, I've wanted a GTI for a long, long time.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Guys I get it but this thread is a complete violation of the for sale section rules. The post are to be specific about the item for sale. This has turned into something all together different.

The wheels have been sold.

The conversation should be taken to another thread.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.