Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an early adopter. I've always been a fan of light, cheap speed and I've always valued handling over power, I used to AutoX a little, first a '99 Civic Si, then a Toyota MR2, then a Subaru WRX Wagon (I Like wagons and hatchbacks). I rarely keep a car for more than 2 years though, it's a disease more than a hobby really.

So I spent some time in Germany and while there had a Fiesta for a company rental car. Really liked it and when I heard it was coming to the US, I got my pre-order in on the first day available online. I was the first person to take delivery on the east coast and even had a Rep from Ford fly out and deliver the car in person, they did a little interview with the family and I and took a bunch of pictures, it was fun and it certainly made me warm and fuzzy over Ford, a company I had never considered before. I absolutely loved the handing of the fiesta, but the lack of power really drove me crazy.

A year later and we have another kid, and suddenly I need more room in the backseat, so I ordered my other favorite European rental, the Focus. I have a 2012 Sonic Blue SE with the 5spd (the only way at the time I could get a stickshift, I refuse to drive Auto) Winter Package, moonroof, and black rims.

Well I absolutely love my Focus, but whatever complaints I have about the lack of power, lack of options, etc... are remedied in the ST. So I wen to the dealer and ordered the following yesterday.

Performance Blue ST2 (201A)
Moonroof
Perf Blue Interior.

They confirmed that the order was entered, however it currently lists on Hold, hope it confirms soon..

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Heh, I know exactly what you mean when you say lack of power... It's infuriating trying to pass someone and when you do, you feel like you're killing the engine. A lot of times I have to wind it out to +4500rpm before shifting just to properly merge onto the freeway.

Welcome!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Shots from the day I picked up the Focus and dropped off the Fiesta. It was a sad day, I really do miss that fiesta, and probably would have watied for a Fiesta ST because of how much fun it was on back roads, but I do need the room for 2 car seats and one more person back there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts