Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ford Focus ST Trim and Spec:
Get the Full document here: View attachment FordFocusST_Specs_EU.pdf

As of Frankfurt Auto Show, this document was pulled off of fordmedia.eu website.
Ford EcoBoost I4 Specs:
View attachment FocusST_EcoBoost_I4.pdf

Basic Vehicle Information
Model Year2012
Vehicle NameFord Focus ST
Vehicle Type5 Door hatchback/ Wagon (Europe only)
Manufacturing LocationsSaarlouis, Germany/ Michigan, USA
Note to Editors:
- Must be included in published specifications
The data information in this press release reflects preliminary specifications and was correct at the time of going to print. However, Ford policy is one of continuous improvement. The right is reserved to change these details at any time.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Powertrain ConfgurationFocus ST1Focus ST2Focus ST3
2.0L GTDI EcoBoost EngineXXX
6-Speed Manual TransmissionXXX
Features and Technologies
Chrome headlamp backgroundXXX
Bi-Xenon lampsX
High gloss black front lower grilleXXX
Dual visible exhaust pipe (rear centre)XXX
ST sideskirtsXXX
Unique large spoiler (wagon only)XXX
New front and rear bumperXXX
Silver roof rails (wagon only)XXX
Unique ST front door scuff plateXXX
8.5x18in alloy wheelsXXX
LED tail lampsXXX
Recaro performance seats (cloth)XXX
Recaro performance seats (partial leather)X
Heated 8-way electrical Recaro seats (leather)X
Features and Technologies
Recaro rear bench with armrest (leather)X
Standard rear bench with centre armrestXX
Manual air-conditioningX
Dual zone automatic climate controlXX
Instrument panel cluster binnacle (3 additional gauges)XXX
Variable dimming clusterXXX
Keyless key settingXXX
Keyless start (power button)XXX
ABS/TSC with advanced three-setting ESPXXX
Airbags - front, side and curtainXXX
Black woven headlinerXXX
Ambient lighting - interior w/ unique LEDXXX
Power door mirrors - non-heatedXXX
Unique ST leather gear knobXXX
Passenger seat height adjust (4-way)XXX
Power windowsXXX
Window auto/global closeXXX
Centre armrestXXX
Sunvisor - driver illuminatedXXX
Sunvisor - passenger illuminatedXXX
DDSXXX
Enhanced Dynamic Cornering Control (eDCC)XXX
Sport Steering SystemXXX
Front and rear ST floormatsLXX
Automatic front wipersLXX
Auto-dimming rear view mirrorLXX
Automatic headlamp controlLXX
Thatcham Cat1 alarmRRR
Unique ST spoilerRRR
Quick clear windscreenRR
Winter Pack - w/ heated cushion and seat back, heated windscreen (standard in Russia, Austria, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Czech Republic, Romania, Hungary and European Developing Markets)OOO
Performance Pack - Rado Grey wheels, red brake callipers, illuminated scuff platesOOO

<tbody>
</tbody>

Attachments

Reactions: Will I know I am

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
The EU Specs here say 2012 Model year. Is the model year in Europe going to be different than US? Meaning is Europe going to be 2012 and US 2013? If not, then they definitely did push back the release date and changed the model year...

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The EU Specs here say 2012 Model year. Is the model year in Europe going to be different than US? Meaning is Europe going to be 2012 and US 2013? If not, then they definitely did push back the release date and changed the model year...
This information was released at Frankfurt 2011. At that time, it was a 2012 model. I have not changed the year because this information was released for the 2012 Focus ST. Hopefully, we will get a NA version of this for the 2013 Focus ST.

:)

·
Registered
104 Posts
The specifications do not mention if the center navigation unit is an option or standard. Does anyone know if the center navigation is an option? If it is an option I am curious how much extra it will be.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The Ford ST representative on Facebook said the 4.2" screen is standard and the 8" screen will be an extra option. If I buy it, I know I want the upgrade because the 8" screen is awesome.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for getting that information. Good to know. I have not decided if I want FMT yet. I'll have to see it work before I would want to spend the extra $$$

But if its standard on a ST3, then I won't have a choice. :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
MFT is a bane upon humanity, leave it alone and you will retain your sanity.

On another note, I wonder how much the Performance pack is going to cost, I'm a sucker for painted calipers.

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i am not exaggerating but its okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :)
Please do not add excessive characters to your words. That what I mean. You have been warned.

Reactions: petraman

·
Registered
549 Posts
Just noticed on Facebook that Lisa has said that there will be no dark wheels in the US. The base model will come with 'cloth sport seats', not Recaro's, and the black color has sparkly green in it!! What a bummer. I was torn between grey/black, guess it's grey now, although I also saw a reference to 'Smoke Storm' from her also, no idea what that is supposed to be, don't see it on the color picker?
My enthusiasm has just taken a big hit with all this news. Although being in Canada, sometimes we get stuff that is more Euro and not available in US, so we'll see. Was trying to stick to base model for budget reasons, but not getting the Recaro's at base is a real drag. I'm sure that will add thousands to the car, and cars are SO much more expensive in Canada it's ridiculous, our dollar has been at par or worth more than the US dollar for years and years now, but they refuse to lower car prices. A GTI up here starts at $30K.....brutal.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I think you misunderstood about the seats. The standard cloth sport seats are Recaros, just no leather in them. Also I was the one asking about the Tuxedo Black color in Facebook. I am also really bummed by this color. If you google "Ford Tuxedo Black" you can see there is a lot of metallic sparkels in it from green,red,yellow and more. It does not look black at all. To me a sporty car should be "pure" black like my Mustang!

·
Registered
549 Posts
I think you misunderstood about the seats.
I sure hope I have misunderstood....the way she responded to the questions makes it sound like only Recaro's in the ST2/ST3 and some 'lesser' seat in the base ST
Quote"...The base seat in the US is a cloth sport seat with ST branding. Recaros are available in the ST2 and ST3 packages, Lisa Schoder Focus ST US Brand Manager...."

That sounds like no Recaro's in the base to me, but I guess we'll find out soon enough. I feel your pain on the black, but honestly I haven't seen it so I'll hold judgement, but I got burned on a Mazda blue that looked great in flat light and then turned purple in direct sunlight and looked goofy. A real drag about the dark wheels also. Man I hope the price is reasonable, I don't want to have to start looking at Mazdaspeed 3's etc. The MKVII GTI is rumored to have same torque as the ST, if it actually comes out in the same time frame, will be worth a look for sure.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Agreed. It sounds like the US does not get the 'same' car as Europe. I checked the press release and it mentions 'available' recaro seats. I think it'll only be ST2 and ST3 trims although the euro spec comes with standard cloth seats. They could have changed their minds during the testing and pricing phase based on cost.

·
Registered
15 Posts
UGh

Ugh, This is such a drag. They design a nice car, get everyone excited, then slowly chip away at what makes it nice.

First they mess up the tangerine color. Then They change the spoiler, now they aren't offering the dark wheels with the painted caliper...By the time this thing comes out its going to look like a regular focus with a slightly different grill and exhaust. Ford, you are just making me go to a GTI aren't you. Everyday is a new fail on this car. I'll wait to reserved my complete judgement until I see the order...but damn. I just hate it when we are teased with a car we can't have. One world car...Right.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The seats will be "Recaros" Just cloth... I use quotations because recaro is a just a brand. So leather or not, the seat is either manufactured by Recaros, or its just a brand they made up for imaging/positioning.

It is also VERY disappointing that the NA market will not have grey wheels. However.... Those wheels do feature on the ST Wagon. So that could be reasoning we don't have those wheels, is because of no Wagon here.

I don't understand how you can be confused. The Euro ST will be the same, Cloth Recaro seats STD feature for "ST1" I don't think that will be any difference. Because ST2 = Focus ST with sport leather package and the ST3 = Focus ST with exclusive leather package

http://fordstnation.com/focus-st-general-discussion/266-official-focus-st-pamphlet-german-english-translation.html#post1034

She really needs to be careful how she words her posts because of things like this. Confusion..... We just need the order guide so we can end this crap via Facebook.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
She really needs to be careful how she words her posts because of things like this. Confusion..... We just need the order guide so we can end this crap via Facebook.
Chad, I also agree with you on this. Repeatedly they have said that the NA Focus ST will be exactly the same as the Euro Focus ST, however, some of the small details may change.

I've noticed that we've seen and read certain reports and media releases that say one thing, and lately via the Facebook page, Lisa has answered some of the questions with different answers. I've also noticed that people on FB can't read and ask the same questions over and over. It's probably a tough job answering the same thing over and over.

I would be disappointed if the cloth Recaro's aren't standard, however, in the interest of cost savings, I wouldn't be opposed to purchasing the car without them, IF its a good value. A starting price at 25+ without Recaro's would be a tough sell depending on what the seats are like.

Let's be realistic. If anyone has ever worked on any project, no matter what scale, things change from start to finish. The car at the Paris show in 2010 was a concept, albeit close to "production ready". The "pre-production" car at Frankfurt and LA in 2011 was closer to what we'll see. However, the car was not complete yet, so things may have changed. Costs can increase and suppliers can change in 8 months (LA Show November to June Sale date?).

One more thing. They can't make everyone happy. Someone is always going to not be happy with the final product, whether it be seats, color, wheels, brakes, radio, and even little things like button placement. It happens.

We've all been patiently waiting. Just a little longer guys and girls!:);)

P.S. No call from the dealer today, so I'm guessing no order guides.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts