Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2012-ford-focus-st-live-photos_100370581_l.jpg

More than likely the 2013 Focus ST Production car will be in this show. However, this has yet to be confirmed. I did send a email to Ford's Public Relations department head inquiring for information on the Focus ST and Fiesta ST.

04-ford-fiesta-st-concept.jpg

Also, I am sure the 2013 Fiesta ST Concept will be there for our eyes to gaze.

Thus, we are all waiting to hear the U.S specifications, pricing, and official ordering date from Ford.

In case you are interested, here is some information on the 2012 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS):

Date & Times
Saturday, January 14 - Saturday, January 21, 2012

9 a.m. - 10 p.m. (no admittance after 9 p.m.)
Sunday, January 22, 2012
9 a.m. - 7 p.m. (no admittance after 6 p.m.)
Early access for handicapped individuals at 8 a.m.
Enter at the Oakland Entrance.

Tickets

• Adults: $12 per person
  • E-Tickets: $12 per person
  • Any Day Pass, Group Ticket: $8 with a purchase of 30 tickets or more
  • Seniors: $6 (65 and older)
  • Children: $6 (7-12 years old; 6 and under free with a parent or guardian)
Please contact the Ticketing Office at:
1900 West Big Beaver Road
Suite 100
Troy, MI 48084
Phone: 248.283.5173
Fax: 248.283.5172
Hours of Operation:

Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Focus ST with 2012 International Concept Car of the Year Award.

From the looks like that performance blue Focus ST, its a ST3. What we know from the Frankfurt Auto Show is only a ST3 will get projector headlamps. We still don't know if a HID option will be able.

Ford Focus ST EcoBoost Photos :: 10 pictures :: autoviva.com

Does the GTI have a HID option? Or just Bi-Xenon projector headlamps?

Fiesta ST

NAIAS Photo Gallery:
Chad's Album: 2012 North America International Auto Show

Fiesta ST Gallery by Ford Focus ST EcoBoost photo :: Ford Focus ST EcoBoost gallery :: 3 views :: autoviva.com They try to pass it was the Focus ST, but it is a Fiesta ST. Headlamps, and exhaust give it away.

Ford's 2013 Focus ST Simulator @ NAIAS

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/11/offstage-simulators-take-up-their-positions-at-detroit-auto-show/

You want to view Ford's Presentation at NAIAS you can here via livestream:
<iframe width="560" height="340" src="http://cdn.livestream.com/embed/ford?layout=4&height=340&width=560&autoplay=false" style="border:0;outline:0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
ford on livestream.com. Broadcast Live Free

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot a to ask, is anyone going? If so can you email me? I would love to get some exclusive photos and video reviews of the two cars.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So, Yesterday and today (10th) were the first two days of the Auto Show in Detroit. So far I have not found any new news about the Focus ST or Fiesta ST. I did see a article posted from automotive magazine.com about GM responding to the Focus ST.

But here are some shots of the Fiesta ST and Focus ST on display. I am sure there will be more to come.

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
From the looks like that performance blue Focus ST, its a ST3. What we know from the Frankfurt Auto Show is only a ST3 will get projector headlamps. We still don't know if a HID option will be able.

Does the GTI have a HID option? Or just Bi-Xenon projector headlamps?
Chad, I only know Xenon, but what is HID and projector headlamps? :) sorry never heard about that in germany.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You must have.. With the great Luxury cars made in your country?

Well HID = High Intensity Discharge High-intensity discharge lamp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia is a brighter source of light

Projectors = those glass eye balls on cars? Bi-xenon: Acura TL / ZKW-R Lens - HID Projectors from The Retrofit Source Incead up on both those websites. :)

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Front post updated with some more information. Plus 2012 NAIAS Gallery just grew...

Attachments

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Cool Video :) Its a simulator, looks like Ken Block is driving around you

Attachments

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
6690565449_d4b1fd2a6a_o.jpg

Apparently when you ride the Focus ST simulator, you get a image or print out of the results. I really am looking forward to some YouTube videos of this simulator. Man I wish I was there.

This simulator..
wheels-focussim-blog480.jpg

·
Registered
358 Posts
on this exhibition, it is really the same shit as on Frankfurt auto show.
you cannot touch the focus! you can do nothing, only look how the focus is spinning in the circle.
i drove 250km to frankfurt to see that :( we did not know this before.

the also do this only for public days. the press people are free to do all they want..
i cannot understand this..

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At the LA Auto Show they let people in the Focus ST. There is some video of a guy that had video of the car in side and out. Im not sure they would not let people in the cars back in September, but they sure did in LA.

We won't know until next week if the public could get inside the car. They will video, and take pictures... I am also hoping someone videos their simulator. That would be cool to see.

·
Registered
358 Posts
yes i know, i saw the vids (blue focus), but in the NAIS album you can see the round platforms. the cars will be surrounded by a 50cm height glass-wall...

if the let public in, i´m happy to get more pic´s and vid´s from inside.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Picture 13 of 22 from 2012 North America International Auto Show
The performance blue one is most likely the display for the public. As you can see it is not on the rotating platform.

I did not notice that.

Are you going to NAIAS?

---
On a side note, next month is Northwood Universities West Palm Beach Auto Show. I was talking to some of the students who organize the show, and I ask them if the Focus ST would be possible. They said they were trying.

I am commented by saying, they only have a few display models anyways. But they said, anything in Michigan is fair game.

Hopefully they will have it at my schools auto show. That would be nice. Lots of young minds that see that show, would be a great place to show it off.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Stephan

Take a look at this photo..

You can walk up to the Fiesta ST Concept, and there are two Focus ST's on the floor as well. So its not being blocked off by glass. Although that Fiesta ST is not on a platform as we saw in other photos.

I am really hoping to see some youtube and facebook action soon for the Focus ST stuff at NAIAS

---
Ok I take it back...

Over at FocalJet: http://forums.focaljet.com/2012-for...merican-international-auto-show-focus-st.html

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

Some videos at NAIAS. Surprising to me, there has not been much user content.

---
Here is the simulator

Focus ST sim

1 - 17 of 17 Posts