Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
spyshots-2013-ford-fiesta-st-interior-revealed-1080p-1.jpg
All the way..some where in Europe a Fiesta ST variant has been spied. Officially this is the first time the public has gotten this close of a look at the prototype Fiesta ST. This version is a 3-door, with ST styling. Apparently this is the first time Ford has not camouflaged the exterior.

Auto Express seems to have better information, however Auto Evolution has the images. I am in the process of getting permission to get those images on the site so we can see here.

These spy photos also reveal for the first time a sporty interior with leather on the steering wheel, hear shifter and handbrake lever. The blue dash and half leather half fabric seats are gone, making the whole thing look a bit more sober. All should be revealed later this year, when the ST hits the European market, and probably also the US.
Apparently they have a better source than anyone, because from what both News site say, a Fiesta ST will be coming to us in a production form at Paris Auto Show, then later in the year a official 2012 launch, with 2013 deliveries. This is much faster than the Focus ST, which was revealed at Paris is 2010, and it looks like it will be almost 2 years since it was shown as a concept car.

Our spy photographers have snapped the Fiesta ST during cold weather testing. And just like the baby blue prototype we spotted back in November, Ford has chosen to test it without any camouflage.

We first previewed the three-door Fiesta ST in concept form at the Frankfurt Motor Show last September, and have since seen a five-door version at the LA show in November. By comparing those show cars with these pictures it's clear the production car won’t be much different.

The photos, taken in Germany, prove that the bold roof spoiler, ST bodykit and gaping mesh grille will make it down the production line. While Europe will get a three-door ST, the five-door model will be reserved for customers in North America.

Under the bonnet, power comes from a 1.6-litre turbocharged EcoBoost engine, developing 178bhp and 240Nm of torque, and connected to a six-speed manual gearbox. It should be capable of cracking 0-60mph in under seven seconds and hitting a top speed of 136mph. Expect fuel economy in the region of 50mpg too.

Ford's engineers will go to work on the chassis too, adjusting the suspension geometry and adding firmed springs and dampers for sharper handling.

The production model should debut at the Paris Motor show in September, just before we drive it in late 2012. First deliveries are expected in early 2013.
Tell me how in the heck a 1.6L ecoboost gets better mileage than my 1.6L in my 2011 US Spec Fiesta? Although they are talking about the 3-door version. Which is something I would love to have myself.

Spyshots, 2013 Ford Fiesta ST, Interior Revealed - autoevolutionFiesta ST spies | News | Auto Express

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would really like to point out the predicted 50 MPG with the Fiesta ST.. That number is unreal. Now I know that right now the site is mainly geared towards the Focus ST, but if this car comes out I hope we get some members who buy the Fiesta ST. Certainly I would be looking at a Fiesta ST Hach a little closer than the Focus ST if we had the option right now.

:p

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would really like to point out the predicted 50 MPG with the Fiesta ST.. That number is unreal. Now I know that right now the site is mainly geared towards the Focus ST, but if this car comes out I hope we get some members who buy the Fiesta ST. Certainly I would be looking at a Fiesta ST Hach a little closer than the Focus ST if we had the option right now.

:p
Me as well Chad! The only thing that is keeping me from getting a hatch Fiesta at this point is the fact that I'd have to dread merging onto a highway or having to accelerate at all.

I don't need all the room of the Focus since 90% of the time I'll be the only one in it and I could use the leftover cash I'd save with lower price and more MPG!

Why can't they just come clean?!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
495 Posts
the 50mpg number is probably in imperial gallons on the european cycle. The net result in american numbers is probably high 30's; nothing to scoff at, but at the same time is very in-line with the market (veloster turbo for example).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Kind of questioned it when I remembered that the Fiesta's out now are getting 40+

The Fiesta ST sounds like it would meet my needs as a peppy commuter car as long as I being 6'0 can be comfortable in it.

Then that means I have money to buy a 4x4 truck too with the lower price opposed to the Focus ST3.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
693 Posts
Im not sure if i could make the move. The times i need a little cargo room my MS3 was able to handle it just perfectly. There was just enough room to get the stuff in there. any smaller id be in trouble any bigger of a cargo space would be too big for my liking. Not sure about the Fiesta's cargo, a DD car for sure, but then like JKREU said might need a truck for the hauling part. And for me that is out of the question.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Oh yeah! I'd definitely be fine with the Fiesta as strictly a commuter and then have a half decent truck on the side too. I haven't been inside a Fiesta at all yet so I'm not too sure what it's like in that tiny thing.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Personally I don't care for the styling of the Fiesta's interior at all. It's very cheap and Asian looking to me whereas the Focus stands out as a truly high quality interior. The very early and crude ST styling adds nice flavor to the semi dull exterior of the Fiesta (stupid name too) but just don't think I could ever be on board with that interior. I'll be sticking with my sweet ass Focus thanks haha.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Andy, u have a good point on the interior quality. Judging from the pics it appears to have that Hyundai quality look to it. I spend a lot of time in my car, so I'd spend the extra cash to be pampered. I had a 94 del sol a few years ago as a dd, lets say after a 10 hr shift, that car made my ride home miserable. I couldn't get home fast enough. Yeah the fiesta I'm sure is nice, but can one live with it for 21 hours a week for years?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think the Fiesta ST would compete well against the Cooper S. Its about the same size and would be similarly powered and priced. I think Ford is heading in the right direction.

Hope they have a Driving Academy next year with the Fiesta ST, count me in!!!

It would also be nice to see a Fusion ST either in FWD or AWD as well. This compete well with the Jetts GLI.

Ford needs to start concentating on competing against all makes and not just GM and Dodge like they had in the past

1 - 12 of 12 Posts