Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have the "Cars" App on my phone that I reference often to search dealer inventory and to check prices. For some stupid reason this morning I input a search for a 2013 Ford Focus ST, and low and behold someone in Maryland (Norris Auto Group) says they have one for sale. They have published the VIN # (1FADP3L99DL104733) which appears to be a 2013 year model. Of course no pictures are included with the description, just a description 4 door hatchback, 2.0l Turbo, 6 speed manual..............Just wonder WTF is going on here? If this dealer is publishing a Vin #, then it is my understanding cars are produced within 2 weeks ( or there abouts) within the issuance on said Vin#......... price $29825

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
There are actually three with vins located in Saugus Mass and Philidelphia along with the one you mentioned. Interesting.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
There are actually three with vins located in Saugus Mass and Philidelphia along with the one you mentioned. Interesting.
yes indeed, I refreshed my search, a Performance Blue in Saugus MA, and a Tuxedo Black in Philly which is said to be an ST3 Package..... is FORD planning a surprise early rollout?

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Maybe the guy on facebook who claimed to have a VIN really does have one.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
693 Posts
Yeah I don't buy that its for sale. How would a dealer get one for sale before our pre orders? Sounds like a scam to me.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Very interesting. I noticed, too, that there is one consumer review for the car on the cars.com listing, but it was obviously for the standard Focus.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I don't buy that its for sale. How would a dealer get one for sale before our pre orders? Sounds like a scam to me.
Scam? I don't think three different dealerships would publish cars for sale with full Vin#'s if the vehicles were not close to being sellable. Might even be illegal? Lady's and Gentlemen, we are getting very close.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
I'm in for service on my Focus on Monday. I'll get updates from them then. They have been very on top of things.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Perhaps some of these dealerships are getting some of the vehicles created in the first run that already began that are intended to be test cars?

1 - 20 of 86 Posts