Ford is working to create buzz for the new
performance Focus ST by offering fans a
chance to win a trip to the ESPN Summer X
Games.

The Focus ST Challenge allows consumers
to test their driving skills in simulators at
auto shows where they compete for the
best lap times and can track the
competition via the Focus Facebook page.

It is another step in Ford's aggressive
social-media strategy that is increasingly
being used to unveil newvehicles and
promote them before launch.

The ST Challenge will end in May, about the
time the car will go on sale
, and the best
times from each auto show will be entered
into a drawing to determine the overall
winner.
This coming from the Detroit Free Press.

I commented on the article..
Goes on sale in May? What are you sourcing for that information? As far as we can tell, Ford Plans of releasing the Focus ST later this year, not Summer
-Ford ST Nation
What do you all think about this? I think its not likely. I think its likely, you can order the car by may, but not pick one up from the dealer.

Source: Ford seeks buzz for Focus ST | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

·
Registered
47 Posts
Conceivably "on sale" could be taken to mean ordered from Ford. Taking delivery is obviously entirely different. Ford says late 2012, which being generous, means after July 1 to me.

We've seen many different media sources say early 2012 or even late 2011 before. I think this a definitely a case of hear it straight from the horse's mouth at this point.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I would say that you can "order" the car in May. Late 2012 to me means September at the earliest, but I hope i'm wrong!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yeah I would say order around May then 90 days later you will get your car...I haven't heard anything hear at the dealership where I work and believe me I ask my boss every other day if he has any info :)

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
6 months from May, you might have a Focus ST. Maybe. :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
The press release the story is based on says nothing about a release date. All just speculation to me.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I talked to a dealer today, he said orders in April, production starts end of June. I'm not placing any bets on the accuracy of the statement but the time line seemed reasonable.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I talked to a dealer today, he said orders in April, production starts end of June. I'm not placing any bets on the accuracy of the statement but the time line seemed reasonable.
It does seem reasonable. From what my dealer told me. They have the order guide 2 months before they take orders for a car. I hope its April ...

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
I'm just waiting for one of you guys to post that you are able to order it through your dealer. As soon as I see that, off to the dealer I go...lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
I hope what your dealer said is right. I have a 2012 focus se but my parents will be keeping it because i am getting the ST. My dad for at Mullinax Ford in New Smyrna and if you work there for 3 months you can buy a car at Ford price so basically its thousands of dollars off regular price. Plan on getting the st in performance blue. Cant Wait!!!

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Possibly in Europe, but not in North America until September or October.
The launch in NA should coincide with the European launch according to The Ford ST Marketing Rep.
Dem is correct. When I spoke with her..and according the transcript...she said they intend to do a global launch.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was at the Cleveland auto show yesterday and one of the reps said she heard August from the higher-ups.

·
Registered
358 Posts
please let is know which date you mean.
orderdate
delivery-date

But i guess august could be a date that Ford want´s to archive to bring out the first ST´s to their customers.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The car will be available in August from what she has heard. So preorders would come before that.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Hey ST?, I'm going to the Cleveland show this weekend. Did they let you in the ST? It seems to be hit-or-miss. I can't wait to see one up close

·
Registered
92 Posts
They did not let people in the ST. It's an awesome blue tho.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts