Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if our ST's will come with MFT that support appl-link this time? the 2012 Focus's didn't support that.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm just not fully sure. The Fiesta and fusion had applink in the 2012 models. The 2012 Focus didn't. I read on the Sync Forums that the 2013's would have it. But i wasn't quite sure if that also applied to the ST's. What boggles me further, is that externally, the MFT setup on the 2013 st looks exactly the same as on the 2012 Focus, hence my questioning.

·
Registered
157 Posts
And here's something that doesn't make sense. I have an HTC Titan running Windows Phone 7.5. SYNC powered by Microsoft App Link does not support any Windows Phones. Another Microsoft Fail!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My best guess is, is that it's HTC's fault in your case, lol.

But actually, I think that's one of the limitations of Windows phones (afaik). Something about M$ being pretty uptight about random stuff interfacing with it. It may be remedied in Win8.

·
Registered
373 Posts
And here's something that doesn't make sense. I have an HTC Titan running Windows Phone 7.5. SYNC powered by Microsoft App Link does not support any Windows Phones. Another Microsoft Fail!
Yeah, I don't get it either. It even supports Blackberry. Lame.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Nope, not HTCs fault. App Link does not support the Windows Phone OS, Just Android, BB and iOS. Who the hell supports BB anymore?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh great... yet another thing to slow MFT down even more.
MFT ins't bad per se. What seemed to have been that case, as far as the 2012 focus was concerned, is that the software that was written didn't utilize the hardware very well. Basically, everything ran in "software" mode if you will. What the MFT 3.0 update did was kinda streamline some code and cut down on a bunch of stuff, so it's not as process heavy. I still think they have a long of way to go to fully optimize the software to fully utilize the hardware (analgo: console games look great but require a monster of a pc to reproduce due pc's having to deal with tons of middleware that needs to translate console specifics, bla bla bla) but that simply won't be possible until every MFT unit has the exact same hardware specs, so "software" mode is the best they'll be able to do at this time.

You pickin up what i'm puttin down?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nope, not HTCs fault. App Link does not support the Windows Phone OS, Just Android, BB and iOS. Who the hell supports BB anymore?

I know, i just have a personal vendetta against the HTC. After the joke they call the Wildfire, i don't even know how they're still around.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Oh great... yet another thing to slow MFT down even more.
I'm glad we're getting AppLink. Now we can just use the SYNC Destinations app to download saved destinations. Before the SYNC would have dial through the phone and download it. Horrible.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
You pickin up what i'm puttin down?
Yeah I know it's a hardware issue, and I also know that they're not using the hardware to the best of its abilities either (it's not even using the very good HD video decoder) but IMO it's inexcusable that the systems use different hardware. Ford needs to dedicate its resourcing to developing separate systems for each car if they want to use different hardware in each system.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts