Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 2013 V40 Polestar will not compete on price, but everywhere else the 280 horsepower V40 Polestar will be very strong competition against the Focus ST. This article even mentions that the V40 shares hardware with the ST. Not sure what hardware it is sharing, but you can see obvious similarities. I think the V40 Polestar looks pretty good, and seems like it will have higher performance. It will also be all-wheel drive.

Here is a link to the Auto Blog article which includes a gallery...

Volvo planning V40 Polestar with all-wheel drive, 280 hp

Here is teaser pic...

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Big fan of Volvos too.

What they share is the same chassis

C30 is a kissing cousin of the ST as well. In fact a C30 was as close to a ST as you could get until now.

On the go - Via TapTalk

·
Registered
908 Posts
Well that looks pretty darn boring. I was expecting something more like the C30 Polestar.

And when I say that, I mean the car looks great, but where's the electric blue paint?

·
Registered
869 Posts
The only reason I don't own a C30 with a Polestar tune is because the steering feel was junk. Otherwise, it was a fun, composed, classy car.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I guess that is what you would call an "estate." If something were to happen and I found myself not being about to afford a new car I would buy a C30 and for $4k the car would be beastly.

The items that would yield maximum HP and torque would be:

Elevate Performance Software: $895.00
Elevate Downpipe: $795.00
Elevate Exhaust: $799.00
Elevate Performance Inlet Manifold: $695.00
Elevate Intercooler: $749.00
Elevate Turbo Intake Pipe: $159.00

Total: $4092.00

The above will put you at about 310hp and 325ftlb of torque.

For handling, two components:

Rear Anti-Sway Bar: $259.00
Elevate Sport Lowering Springs: $329.00

I would also suggest our Engine Torque Mount ($119.00) if you are getting a C30 equipped with a manual transmission.

We can put together a package price for everything and save you a considerable amount of money on the parts.

What other questions can I answer?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Here is the Heico version of the V40, looks awesome, if it was available and the price was reasonable ish I'd be all over this. But it ain't available and the price won't be reasonable, so I'll just admire from across the ocean. There are rumors the V40 will come to North America however, and the price would have to be lower!

2012-Volvo-V40-by-Heico-Sportiv-Rear-Angle-Picture.jpg
2012-Volvo-V40-by-Heico-Sportiv-Front-Angle-Picture.jpg

·
Registered
234 Posts
Also keep in mind Euro prices aren't directly comparable to US prices. Estimates have it ~$35k though. This slots it in just above the ST, -if- we ever get it here.

I have a soft spot for volvos as well. If I wasn't getting an ST I was seriously considering a S60 R

·
Registered
685 Posts
I like it. $30,000 before T&L is at the very highest mark I'm willing to spend. I can't believe I actually like the way a Volvo looks, except it's kind of smiling. But if I was pushing myself up another $5,000 there are a whole lot of cars that start falling in that range that would be a whole lot of fun.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Wifey used to drive an S40 R design Volvo. I'll say the fit and finish of that Volvo was better than I expected. Should this car come in at +$40k, then it will be targeting the Audi RS3/BMW M135i not the ST. Just my opinion!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts