Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For hot hatch buyers who might find the Focus ST a little out of their price range, the 2014 Ford Fiesta ST should be a perfect fit. The new Fiesta ST drops a peppy EcoBoost engine under the hood and gets the usual styling upgrades expected from an ST-badged car.

Available only as a hatchback with a six-speed manual gearbox, the 2014 Fiesta ST gets the 1.6-liter EcoBoost inline four-cylinder that Ford has initially rated at 197 horsepower and 214 pound-feet of torque. The car also gets an electronic Torque Vectoring Control and a driver-selectable, three-mode stability control system to go with specially tuned steering and a stiffened, lowered suspension. Ford also expects its sporty subcompact to be pretty good on gas, too, with a highway fuel economy rating of up to 34 mpg. Ford has not stated any performance expectations for the car, which is aimed at cars like the Mini Cooper S.

For its styling, Ford gave the Fiesta ST an aggressive look with a new front fascia and lower chin spoiler, a rear fascia diffuser, dual exhaust outlets and exclusive 17-inch wheels. Like the Focus ST, this Fiesta ST will be available with a Molten Orange exterior paint color.

read more press release: autoblog.com/2012/11/28/2014-ford-fiesta-st-la-2012/

2014 Fiesta ST Gallery: autoblog/photos/2014-ford-fiesta-st-la-2012/

....:cool:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Uh... the Focus ST isn't available in Molten Orange (or is that a wink-wink, nudge-nudge for the 2014s?).

That is the worst angle from which to photograph a car, but I'm hoping the Fiesta ST will look as good in silver as the Focus ST does...

EDIT: Oh, no wonder the car looks so dopey in the above pic: there is some serious silliness going on with that front fender gap. That CAN'T be how the production car is going to be. This comment on the linked Autoblog article describes the likely problem:

"ExtraButta
I could be wrong, but to address that atrocious fender gap (I am of the crowd that would lower this or setup a sophisticated air ride suspension) I think the shipper/car hauler left the shipping spring "clamps" in place on the front end. Having worked for an automotive PR firm we would receive delivery of cars almost everyday and a few times we would be admiring a car in the back of our warehouse and would wonder about the high fender gap, compared to the rear. Every time it was because of these "clamps" or brackets (I do not know the proper term) being left in place that would raise the cars suspension. Looking at these pictures you can definitely tell that rear of the vehicle is squatting down on its rear tires. Seems to me the same scenario. I could be wrong though, however it is a possibility.

Now as for the car itself, I think its a wonderful proposition for a hot hatch with some efficiency. I for one, am definitely considering this for an efficient fun car, I can do some mods to."

·
Registered
252 Posts
Here's Ken Block at the L.A. Auto Show today helping to introduce the Fiesta ST. Pretty sure Tanner Foust is in the blue Titanium. Notice that the actual ST doesn't do much. Just a mock up?

Wish I could share the smell of burning rubber with you, but I'm sure it comes across in the vid. Enjoy!

Reactions: Rev.Hammer
1 - 4 of 4 Posts