Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here in North West Indiana today, it was 65 and dry... Perfect weather to wax a car right? This car is great to wax due to the fact that there is no chrome, and no rubber moulding to stain from absorbing wax. All was good until I got to my passenger side "body side" panel on the wheel well... Bubbly paint with rust for sure on its way!!!! I just can't believe it... no wait, yes I can.... Why do domestic vehicles always have to suck? I know why... do you? Why yes it is still under warranty, and no it is not covered... DERP!!! Why would the company I work for to produce these lovely vehicles stand by their product? Huh? Anyone? I don't know... oh wait yes I do. I have not taken it in to the dealer to get my "not covered" BS in my face, but I checked out my warranty info... and what is definitely not covered is "surface rust!!!" I love this car, it performs well and I was planning on having it for 6 more years to hand down to my son when he starts driving, but by then it may really be a problem. I know I'm being rough for a car so young, but my family has owned Fords and other domestic vehicles throughout the years, and the only one that has stood the test of time was my 05 Pontiac Vibe... which was essentially a Toyota Matrix... Yeah, 250,000 miles, no rust, and never, EVER... broke down on me... I would still own it had it not been for a dishonest human-being destroying it via a hit and run accident. So now I own a Focus ST... that is rusting... Not a good thing.:S

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Ugh. I'm overdue for a wash, clay bar, and wax. We have rain for the next few days so may be in another week or so. I'll look over my '13 and share anything I find. I imagine our 2012 F250 will start showing some issues too but hopefully not as bad as the Dodge Rams I see around. The wife wants to clay bar and wax that beast too....argh. And it's black. I believe we'll be skipping the roof and focus on the sides, hood, and tailgate. Maybe it's time to invest in an orbital random pattern thingy and learn how to use it. Have done everything by hand so far.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts