Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Dillon, and I just joined ST nation. I recently bought a 2015 Focus ST (3 days ago) and was wondering how things work. I'm sure there's been hundreds of posts like this, but the search bar lead me nowhere really.. What kind of modifications are possible without voiding the warranty? I've been lead to believe ford racing is a good bet, but kind of lost at the same time. I was looking towards CAI, exhaust, and a tune. Any info would be appreciated. Also, this won't be a "track car" by any means, I'd just like to make a fun car, a little funner (is that a word?)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Welcome Dillon.
The FRPP tune or the Mountune tune do keep the warranty, but they are not out for the '15's just yet. For the warranty to be valid, both tunes have to be installed by the dealer.

Some modifications won't affect the warranty much like exhaust, suspension.. etc...

I recently installed the Boomba short shifter kit with solid bushings. A great improvement in the shifting feel. Stock is a rather spongy feel.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I would def make sure you research before doing any mods... they all sound great from cobb and boomba and what not.. but those companies don't tell you the con's about their products... and there are many... and any modifications can affect the warranty... if they want to be jerks... and they will... my advice... leave it alone till the warranty is up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts