Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had previously considered the Volvo C30 when looking for my next car, but when comparing price, features, and performance, felt like the ST won easily. I suspect price will kill this one, but a 280 HP C30 GT tuned by K-PAX Racing certainly sounds appealing. Have a listen to this...

Brief Auto Week article here...

http://auto-week.com/volvo-c30-gt.html

Due to such limited production, probably not really any competition for the ST anyway. I can hardly wait to see what tuners do with the ST!

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
I looked at a Kpax tuned C30 GT but a price of 40k was a deterrent!

On the go - Via TapTalk

Reactions: sk8parker94

·
Registered
778 Posts
Damn. That thing sounds like a tiger. What happens when you make it angry?!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Saw one of these at the dealers down the street from me. As a Volvo fan I was interested but the want 37k for it... There is a video on youtube showing them build it at the dealership. I love that exhaust sound...

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Massive amounts of torque steer, antiquated technology, incredibly expensive... I think I'll pass.

·
4,009 Posts
Saw one of these at the dealers down the street from me. As a Volvo fan I was interested but the want 37k for it... There is a video on youtube showing them build it at the dealership. I love that exhaust sound...
You probably saw a C30 with the KPAX chip upgrade, no the full monty GT? It's a rare beast.

·
4,009 Posts
Yup, that one is the real deal. Now that I see that it's a Keystone, I've seen it before. It's actually the one that I was told to look at. 37K isn't awful for what it is.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Agreed about the regular R-spec, but it was the C30 GT tuned by K-PAX with 280 HP that caught my eye. Unfortunately it appears they did not make any exterior or interior changes, just engine/exhaust/wheels....and it is way over-priced (imo).

Reactions: Americarsftw

·
Registered
22 Posts
Way over priced. I like the looks of them. But, I want a Focus ST. If you can beat my ST, I'll roll my 400 awhp STi out of the garage. But, I'm out of the "gotta have the fastest street machine" phase of my life. So many 700hp cars where I live and one Mustang fox body that runs 8's on the street. You can tell which mustang too with the parachute hanging off of the back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts