Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Their testing method and urban/city/highway cycles are different than ours.
And UK "Imperial" gallons are 1.2 US gallons. 39.2/1.2 = 31.36.

The European "combined" results generally equate to the US "highway" results. A friend in England jokes that the Euro "extra-urban" figure is conducted "going down a cliff with a 50 knot tailwind".

·
Registered
685 Posts
They have to make the numbers seem higher because gas is $8/gallon.
Although a lot of that is taxes. Which is one reason their roads seem so nice and ours seem so shabby (and their public transit is also so much better...both due to subsidies and because gas is more expensive so more people use it).

·
Registered
685 Posts
And that is why we have the most sad, shabby roads in the developed world.

Of course, our roads aren't bad compared to Third World countries. I guess we can be proud of that.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Great Jeebus in a bushel basket... that would NOT be tolerated where I live!
That's pretty funny, you wouldn't tolerate terrible roads but you also don't want your government to pay for said terrible roads.

The northern states all have pretty terrible roads in general. I would gladly pay 8$/gal for proper roads also.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
We have very good roads in CNY. NY State Throughway, 481, 690, 81. All in good repair.

Winters are brutal on our city streets.

On the go - Via TapTalk

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
That's pretty funny, you wouldn't tolerate terrible roads but you also don't want your government to pay for said terrible roads.

The northern states all have pretty terrible roads in general. I would gladly pay 8$/gal for proper roads also.

Noooo... I want the money that I PAY for fuel tax to ACTUALLY be used for ROADS and not 'appropriated' for anything ELSE. That way it does what it is supposed to!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts