Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
There is absolutely no way I would pay that much. For that much money I would consider a 5.0 :D. I ordered an ST2 with a moonroof and I plan to tall the dealer down to 26,000-26,500ish range... then give them my forddrivesu papers for 500 extra off!

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Well, it's good that no one here will fall for the limited production game.

No way I would and no way will they sell it for that price. It will sit on their lot forever

·
Registered
547 Posts
He's available for chat :D

Harris Ford Lincoln: Thank you for choosing Harris Ford Lincoln!
System: We have alerted the online representatives that you are waiting. Someone should be with you momentarily.
System: A representative has joined the conversation. Compose your message below and then press Enter to send.
Doug Murphy: Hello, How may I help you?
You: why is your $28,570 Ford ST marked up 5 grand?
You: http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=1FADP3L94DL127174
Doug Murphy: Great question... First off there isn't a ST on the ground in north America, Second these prices are based on area pricing
Doug Murphy: These are negotiable figures that we are up front about
You: production started 2 weeks ago and the ST's were just approved to ship out on Thursday
You: so there will be many ST's available shortly
Doug Murphy: I am aware of the availability... That is why we have a vin that someone can sign on... Are you interested in the ST
You: Not for 5 grand markup when I can get it at MSRP at another dealer. I just thought that was very interesting to see a markup on a car that is not limited in quantity.
Doug Murphy: I am sure you would want to pay 5 K over for that matter you probably don't want to pay msrp...These cars are in high demand so the best thing to do is negotiate your price early and lock it in so you don't lose a car due to inventory supply
Doug Murphy: I would love to e-mail you some info that would be helpful on pricing
You: Less than 1000 have been pre-ordered in the US, which is less than Ford anticipated. The demand is not high. I could go down to another dealer, order 1 at MSRP and have it in 4 weeks.
Doug Murphy: Certainly you could sign on a vin a a qualified dealership and get a incoming vehicle...There are many fantastic dealers around the area... At the end of the day we are able to be the pricing of others... In the Greater Seattle area the demand is quite high

·
Registered
547 Posts
Actually I think he would bring the price down. He seemed willing to negotiate. I'm not sure why they post it with such a mark-up. Seems like such a turn-off.

·
Registered
352 Posts

System: We have alerted the online representatives that you are waiting. Someone should be with you momentarily.
System: A representative has joined the conversation. Compose your message below and then press Enter to send.
You: http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=1FADP3L94DL127174
Doug Murphy: Great question... First off there isn't a ST on the ground in north America, Second these prices are based on area pricing
You: production started 2 weeks ago and the ST's were just approved to ship out on Thursday
Doug Murphy: I am aware of the availability... That is why we have a vin that someone can sign on... Are you interested in the ST
You: Not for 5 grand markup when I can get it at MSRP at another dealer. I just thought that was very interesting to see a markup on a car that is not limited in quantity.
Doug Murphy: I am sure you would want to pay 5 K over for that matter you probably don't want to pay msrp...These cars are in high demand so the best thing to do is negotiate your price early and lock it in so you don't lose a car due to inventory supply
Doug Murphy: I would love to e-mail you some info that would be helpful on pricing
You: Less than 1000 have been pre-ordered in the US, which is less than Ford anticipated. The demand is not high. I could go down to another dealer, order 1 at MSRP and have it in 4 weeks.
Doug Murphy: Certainly you could sign on a vin a a qualified dealership and get a incoming vehicle...There are many fantastic dealers around the area... At the end of the day we are able to be the pricing of others... In the Greater Seattle area the demand is quite high
typical salesman talking 50% BS to get a deal.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
That is great. Lol.

·
Registered
118 Posts
This stuff is so amusing. The sad part is that the reason they do it is that it works with a small percentage of the population. No one on this board, though. :D

·
Registered
246 Posts
Im getting a black st2 with same options minus the nav for 26440. (xplan) That 33000 price is ridiculous and I hope no one falls for this.

·
Registered
150 Posts

Doug Murphy: Certainly you could sign on a vin a a qualified dealership and get a incoming vehicle...There are many fantastic dealers around the area... At the end of the day we are able to be the pricing of others... In the Greater Seattle area the demand is quite high[/QUOTE

This has to be one of the best things I have seen in awhile. What kills me is the salesman just keeps blowing smoke, and just keeps grasping at straws here. Calling out his BS and moving on great job.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
May it sit on the lot so long that the 2014 models come out and they have to mark it down and take a loss.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Bad salesman is bad. He's only trying to help himself, not his company or his customers and will more than likely turn people away from his dealership.

·
Registered
262 Posts
My dealer started in with crap like this until I sat and talked to them...now they're well within the boundaries of reason. Dealers just aren't in 'the know' anymore...they need to hire nerds to their internet department so they can read chatter before making stupid sales pitches to people who know more about the cars they're selling than they do

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Its embarrassing to talk to a Ford Dealer, and to know more than they do about the product. Because they don't believe you when you tell them A or B.

Ditto

1 - 20 of 33 Posts