Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Caradvice.com, who sources Ford on this but, Ford told them that there were 60 Focus ST mules or test subjects around the world. From Europe at the Nurburging to California.

Here a video from Motorauthority.com on YouTube showing a Focus ST mule testing in Germany. The video shows some teaser clips. Most notably is the sound of the exhaust.

This video is another video, but it looks more like the Focus ST we have seen in the show room. And I love the sound of the 2.0L EcoBoost engine.

Have you seen one around you area?

Also Notable is the look of the Focus ST test model, looks like a 2012 Focus model found in the US or EU.

The testers may look like last-generation ST or more pedestrian current-gen Focus models, but the big wheels, low profile and double exhaust passes will show that the mules are anything but ordinary.
Performance inline with fuel economy. :) Right, fuel here in the United States many not be high, but in the future we could see prices well over $4 a gallon.

Matthias Tonn, who heads performance engineering at Ford of Europe, says that the testing is needed to make the next ST shine, adding that engineers are "fine-tuning, testing, and fine tuning again many of the small but critical details to make sure it is worthy of the ST badge."

And just because the ST will be a performance hatch doesn't mean Ford isn't keenly focused on fuel economy as well. Tonn says the goal is to produce class-leading fuel economy even with a performance variant. Mixing fuel efficiency and performance is no easy task, but Ford is banking on a thrifty EcoBoost engine and fuel-saving technology like a finely tuned Electric Power Assist Steering (EPAS) system to do the trick.
I know this is a little late, but for discussion purposes I am going to post this.
Source: Ford testing 60 Focus ST models around the world

1 - 1 of 1 Posts