Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The old Tangerine Scream is dead. The color the ST was clad in when it captured the attention of many of us can not be had. Survey results clearly show most respondents preferred the old, but the new is in, and more people seem to be viewing it favorably as they have had time to get used to it.

When I log in to STNation, I'm greeted by that bronze-orange header and what now seems, to me at least, a bit of an anachronism--the Focus ST in the now defunct color scheme. We do have the option of the red theme if we wish, but that probably isn't of interest to the largely North American following on this site, since the "little red wagon" is not for us. And it looks like even by Chad's assessment, the color is a little tough on the eyes.

I imagine for many that old Tangerine Scream car (TS1, if I may) is an icon, which I respect. And I respect that the site is Chad's to do with as he wishes, and I think he has done a fine job with it. But I am curious how others of you feel about this, and encourage your feedback. I would like to see the new Tangerine Scream (TS2) in the header, with a color scheme to match, as this will be the new "icon" for the car as it finally becomes a reality on a street near you (and in my parking space, I expect) in the coming months.

What do you all think? Please discuss.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
I completely agree with your assessment, bronze Tangerine Scream is never going to be seen.

Although, I need high resolution images of the new ST Signature Color. We have the auto Show images, but do any of you really want to see defective images taken at auto shows? Part of the reason I like the Ford media images, is the character they portray.

If this really bothers say 25+ members then I can take suggests as far as which image to use in the banner for the default theme. Until that time I opt to keep the current theme.

Whenever we get new images from Ford, then I can change the color scheme to its true production color.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
I get what you were going for but it is a little tough on the eyes.

As far as the images. Try joining Ford Media as a website owner, you may be given access to the high res images there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think it is a cool idea to let us custom to the color of our car: blue,silver,black... Yes change to TS2 when available from ford media. You can keep TS1 for the forlorn.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
I get what you were going for but it is a little tough on the eyes.

As far as the images. Try joining Ford Media as a website owner, you may be given access to the high res images there.
This theme is hard on our eyes? Any others feel this way? I don't want to blind folks. :)

I do have full access to media.ford.com. Thank you :)

I think it is a cool idea to let us custom to the color of our car: blue,silver,black... Yes change to TS2 when available from ford media. You can keep TS1 for the forlorn.
I am not sure about letting you customize your own template, but I always planned to give you guys more choices in themes.

Thanks for the feed back so far...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think changing everything to the new Tangerine Scream color would make things very hard on the eyes. I think the current color pallet works quite well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts