Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a Aplan price from dealer going to sign order form in day or 2...... ST3 no moonroof Ingot sliver.... 26300! I'm digging it!.. Oh he also told me should be about 8 weeks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Could only hope 8 weeks is true, but like many others here I highly doubt it. Good price btw, if I could pay that it'd make things so much easier.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got some info thru a couple launch guys that job one was first week of August.... Will see.

·
Registered
231 Posts
just got a Aplan price from dealer going to sign order form in day or 2...... ST3 no moonroof Ingot sliver.... 26300! I'm digging it!.. Oh he also told me should be about 8 weeks.
I ordered my ST3 before A plan pricing was available and now my dealer will not commit to the A-Plan price. Did you get any grief from your dealership for A-Plan?

·
Registered
742 Posts
SWEET! That's over $1000 less than X plan... good for you!

·
Registered
742 Posts
I ordered my ST3 before A plan pricing was available and now my dealer will not commit to the A-Plan price. Did you get any grief from your dealership for A-Plan?
That seriously sucks! I wonder how A plan rules work in these situations. Worst case scenario, switch dealer maybe?

·
Registered
742 Posts
I just checked the X plan rules and it says dealers "are encouraged, but not obligated, to participate...", so no strict obligation to comply. I asked my sales guy outright if they would honor it if were available and he said yes, but nothing in writing.

Besides, Ford pays the dealer a commission on AXZD plan sales, so I'm not sure why the dealer would object too strenuously. Then again, you're looking at being over $2500 under MSRP, and even $1000 under invoice. That might be motivation enough.

·
Registered
231 Posts
That seriously sucks! I wonder how A plan rules work in these situations. Worst case scenario, switch dealer maybe?

I just checked the X plan rules and it says dealers "are encouraged, but not obligated, to participate...", so no strict obligation to comply. I asked my sales guy outright if they would honor it if were available and he said yes, but nothing in writing.

Besides, Ford pays the dealer a commission on AXZD plan sales, so I'm not sure why the dealer would object too strenuously. Then again, you're looking at being over $2500 under MSRP, and even $1000 under invoice. That might be motivation enough.
I've already called a couple more dealerships in the area and will be reordering from them if I have to.

They told me that because it is a limited edition car (which it isn't) they haven't decided if they will honor A-Plan because they are not required to by Ford, but they still might honor it. They will get reimbursed from Ford for any A-Plan sell, so they will still be making money on the deal, just not as much as they would a non-employee sell. And I still have a couple months to negotiate with them, so I'm not going to put to much effort into quite yet.

·
Registered
373 Posts
How do you get A-Plan pricing? Does anyone have a breakdown of how to attain each of the different plan pricing? X-plan I remember seeing as being part of certain clubs and stuff...

·
Registered
231 Posts
How do you get A-Plan pricing? Does anyone have a breakdown of how to attain each of the different plan pricing? X-plan I remember seeing as being part of certain clubs and stuff...
A/Z-Plan: Ford Employee/Retiree
D-Plan: Ford Dealership Employee
X-Plan: Friends/Family and Ford Associated Companies and Clubs

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anybody been able to find documentation to support A plan pricing? The dealership is asking me to provide them some kind of document.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I got a printout from my dealership for an ST3 with moonroof. A plan price was $27,104.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Oh how I miss A plan!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts