Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my Focus ST2 on Aug 1st and I can't wait till it shows up at my dealer's doors.

I toyed with getting the Tangerine Scream - but it was just a tad to loud for me. I ended up going for Tuxedo Black - power moon roof - Sony nav system.

With all the reviews I have read - I can't wait to wrap my fingers around the steering wheel and put this little beauty through her paces.

I do not think that I have ever been as excited to get a new car as I have with this Focus.

<jim

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Welcome to the site. I've been a Ford guy for 26 years. ;) Its a honor to drive one.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I never thought I'd buy a Ford either--or a Focus for that matter--but ironically enough, when the new Focus came out last year I finally realized that Ford had stepped up their game. They are so far ahead of other American car companies in terms of design, build quality, and fit and finish. My first car was a Ford Bronco 2 Eddie Bauer Edition that my parents bought me in high school nearly 15 years ago. That was such a cool ride; it was top heavy as hell and very unsafe, but a blast to own. The Corolla has served me well over the last 6 years, but I decided it was time to get something more exciting. I was sold on a Volkswagen GTI 4-door, but once I read that Ford was cooking up the ST I knew I had to have one. And it feels great to buy an American car again! Talked with my dealer yesterday and he is expecting mine to be delivered in about 2 weeks--I hope he's right!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Welcome and a fine choice in color! I have the same sentiment, this is better than any build up to a christmas ever.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the site. I've been a Ford guy for 26 years. ;) Its a honor to drive one.
I have been a Ford guy for nearly 40 years. I have deviated from the path on several occasions but my fav's have always been Fords.

Who said the Focus ST was for the young crowd. I like to think the ST is for "drivers".....

<jim

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I had a Focus SVT a while ago and while its power was..'adequate' .. its handling was better than everything that I had driven before. I found that with great tires I could hold cloverleaf exits at 60-63 that in other good cars was testing matters at 50-50.
I LOVE the handling and quickness through turns and the fuel mileage was not bad either.

·
Registered
264 Posts
As a Titanium owner I can honestly say this is my favorite car I've owned/driven. I've had plenty Camaros and Mustangs but none hold a candle to the handling ability of this car. The only thing it's lacking is POWER! So naturally the ST is a dream for me because I was really blown away with the new Focus. I too have never felt this excitement from buying a 4 cylinder "grocery getter" but wow I can't wait. I cannot obtain my dream ride (Z06 Vette) just yet so this is a huge step in that direction. No one will be disappointed with how this car handles, judging from how well the Titanium takes corners.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have been a Ford guy for nearly 40 years. I have deviated from the path on several occasions but my fav's have always been Fords.

Who said the Focus ST was for the young crowd. I like to think the ST is for "drivers".....

<jim
A wise man, you are. The ST is a car for the enthusiast.

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts

<jim
yes I need a car that I LOVE to drive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts