Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ST was to have arrived today. By my calculations, it should have been here. I had it tracked and it was projected to be here today. Natasha suggested that it would be here today as well, but nothing.

Everything just got real quiet. Nobody giving a definitive date, just stating that it is in transit.

I guess it's ok in the end because I won't be able to take delivery until the 18th. The rents are buying the old Focus and they have to wait for funds to transfer to cover the purchase.

So if it's out there in transportation limbo, it makes it a bit easier as the thought of it sitting at the dealership just out of reach would be maddening!

·
Registered
753 Posts
So close and yet still so far :)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Damn, that's annoying! I was planning on driving by there tomorrow morning on my way to work, to catch a glimpse!

Has Nye agreed that no one can test drive the car before you take delivery? Just asking...;)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hey Bill, I'm expecting a ton of high quality pics of that silver when you get it!! Hope you got a good camera, lol. Looking forward to hearing your impressions.

·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn, that's annoying! I was planning on driving by there tomorrow morning on my way to work, to catch a glimpse!

Has Nye agreed that no one can test drive the car before you take delivery? Just asking...;)
It will be under lock and key. No test drives except by me.

·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Bill, I'm expecting a ton of high quality pics of that silver when you get it!! Hope you got a good camera, lol. Looking forward to hearing your impressions.
very good camera. You can count on many photos. Already scouting out photo shoot areas!

·
Registered
894 Posts
My driveway is available.

Just to clarify, I was kidding about the test drive! I wouldn't do that to another member of the Nation! But I'm assuming it would be okay to take a look at the car at the dealership. If you'd rather I not, or if the car will be off-limits, let me know.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Hey buddy, it will all work out. :) The car will come at the right time.

Mind the gap!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Darn! Look at this way, the dealership won't be letting bums of unknown origin sit in your seats while it is sitting for a while. :p
This! I have a feeling mine will be sitting at the dealer for a week and it better be under lock and key, I think I'll request this once my car has been built along with my other requests :D. Can't wait to see the car though. I haven't seen a retail ordered silver yet.

·
Registered
862 Posts
My ST was to have arrived today. By my calculations, it should have been here. I had it tracked and it was projected to be here today. Natasha suggested that it would be here today as well, but nothing.

Everything just got real quiet. Nobody giving a definitive date, just stating that it is in transit.

I guess it's ok in the end because I won't be able to take delivery until the 18th. The rents are buying the old Focus and they have to wait for funds to transfer to cover the purchase.

So if it's out there in transportation limbo, it makes it a bit easier as the thought of it sitting at the dealership just out of reach would be maddening!

Unreal Shomare!!!!! I am in the same situation you are. Mine was supposed to be here as well, and should be here any day now. I, as well, CAN NOT pick mine up though. I have been in the process of buying a house for months, and am very close to closing, but not there yet. Have to wait until closing to pick the car up.

My dealer is good enough though that he told me as soon as the car is ready, he will call me and throw a dealer plate on it so I can come down and drive it for a bit and bring it back to the dealership. Good Luck Shomare!

·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My driveway is available.

Just to clarify, I was kidding about the test drive! I wouldn't do that to another member of the Nation! But I'm assuming it would be okay to take a look at the car at the dealership. If you'd rather I not, or if the car will be off-limits, let me know.
Have you been to Nye's yet? It's being guarded by the bear! The Nye family are big game hunters. One of the trophies in the dealership is a 8 ft tall Kodiak Bear.

·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As a fellow NY resident, what are you planning on doing with the front license plate?

See the front plate thread. I've got a Hide a plate bracket. Having my body shop mount it and will post photos of the install when I get it done.

Reactions: RMTaylor

·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Still not here. I'll be taking the 18th off from work, hope to pick it up early and spend the day driving, provided its here by then.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Unreal Shomare!!!!! I am in the same situation you are. Mine was supposed to be here as well, and should be here any day now. I, as well, CAN NOT pick mine up though. I have been in the process of buying a house for months, and am very close to closing, but not there yet. Have to wait until closing to pick the car up.

My dealer is good enough though that he told me as soon as the car is ready, he will call me and throw a dealer plate on it so I can come down and drive it for a bit and bring it back to the dealership. Good Luck Shomare!
Well guys I wouldn't get too excited. Mine was to be delivered on the 3rd and haven't seen it yet, and I can pay/pick it up. Seems these dealers and even Natasha kinda just put me off and say check back next week. I know they like to have full loads but with 2013 headed to dealers I wouldn't think that would be a problem at all. Glad I don't live on the west coast...it might take till New Years!

·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I'm puzzled by the projections of this week followed by silence. Ham checked with my dealership and they don't have it scheduled for this week. Not too worried since I usually k ow before they do!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Is it possible they're pulling all these trucks over to tighten up clamps and hood gaps?? :D

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I think it would make more sense to instruct dealers to do this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1 - 20 of 269 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.