Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say I really dig ambient lighting in cars.

Did I see somewhere that we can choose from multiple colors of ambient lighting with the ST3, or is it blue-only?

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I'm right there with you... I love ambient lighting. I know some people think it's annoying but I loved them in my dad's Mini. They look especially awesome at night...

As far as the function, here's all you need to know:

BTW, that guy has some GREAT Focus videos on his channel. He got rid of it (it was pretty much a lemon) but he covered basically every possible part of the car with at least 100+ videos.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I love the ambient lighting on my 09 Focus. Side note, is that why people were hating on the MyFord Touch system? The scheduled maintenance? I don't have the MFT system currently so I don't know what it's like but I've seen a few people complain about it. I used it once on a Ford Edge and I didn't have any problems with it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's excellent, thanks! If I change the colors the way I change my desktop pic, I'll be replacing that switch in about a month :D

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Side note, is that why people were hating on the MyFord Touch system? The scheduled maintenance?
People have had multiple problems with MFT but most of those people had early builds of the software which didn't work correctly/wasn't stable. After the 3.0 update, the one we're currently on, complaints have slowed but it's still not perfect. Hopefully when the ST comes out they'll have another update.

·
Registered
753 Posts
People have had multiple problems with MFT but most of those people had early builds of the software which didn't work correctly/wasn't stable. After the 3.0 update, the one we're currently on, complaints have slowed but it's still not perfect. Hopefully when the ST comes out they'll have another update.
That's good to hear, I was doing some quick searches and found the complaints about the older version. The system itself looks nice and I'm looking forward to having it and I hope it works as well as it does in the demo videos.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Yep, some are still having issues., while others have none at all. There were quite a few post 3.0 problems the same owner in the above movie had, that (along with transmission issues) ultimately led him to get rid of the car:

Sorry, may be a bit OT

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Yeah but I still think his car was just a lemon... Even though he claims to have had the module replaced (I know he's not lying but I think the dealer might be) he still has problems with it... Problems which I haven't seen on any of the forums. Also, his cell phone is incredibly old... He has an old LG envy with old Bluetooth 1.0 which I think could contribute to his cell phone problems. Just my two cents.

It seems that people who buy the car new from the factory with 3.0 installed have had no problems with it. (Other than being ridiculous slow at times and just annoying to use)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Yep. It could be the dealer replaced it with some sort of refurbished unit they had laying around and called it "new" like cell phone companies typically do. Or maybe they were just dumb and just replaced the touch screen and called it the MFT module. In any case I'm wondering if the problem may have something to do with earlier hardware revisions on certain modules and comparability with the newer software as hardware, like software, in computers is almost always being revised by manufacturers to increase reliability and/or performance.

Here's hoping the MY 2013 MFT modules are more reliable than the MY 2011/early 2012 ones.

·
Registered
753 Posts
That guy's voice bugs the hell out of me, I'm sorry but it's so annoying. I hope I don't have those kinds of problems. My 09 Sync system has been great to me so I'd be unhappy getting a new car with a worse version.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Those MFT were the first program. It's been updated twice since. It's not perfect but it works 90% of the time or better in my experience.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm not even going to worry about those videos. My 2013 explorer hasn't had a single issue. Btw my Microsoft windows phone does work better with it then my wife's android phone. (both HTC) so his phone was probably a lot of his issue.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Those MFT were the first program. It's been updated twice since. It's not perfect but it works 90% of the time or better in my experience.
I have the latest update in my Explorer. I still experience some issues. Ford is working on another update that should be out maybe late this quarter or the 4th quarter. The one thing I do know is they are bringing back the outside temperature on the MFT screen.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts