Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Yeah I read about it too. Nice looking car. I wouldn't mind it too much. However vw's maintance is a little high for my likely.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I love the new Scirocco. Saw one up close when I was visiting London and fell in love with it. However, since they are just talking about it...it's probably going to be 2014 or 15 by the time they facelift it and bring it over here. (if they even do bring it over)

Of course, at the rate Ford is going...could be that long til we get some news on the Focus ST. :confused:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Phobos - last line of your post is hilarious!! :thumb:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Wheels Magazine Australia has front page article on the next GTI proclaiming all sorts of brilliance. New chassis, lighter, 268hp etc etc. Who knows how much of the article is for sure, but if so it will be a hell of a car. Says it will be previewed at next Paris auto show so probably a long time to arrive on North American shores. Hopefully come September I'll be driving an ST and won't even be reading auto-blogs about other cars..........one can dream!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I love the new Scirocco. Saw one up close when I was visiting London and fell in love with it. However, since they are just talking about it...it's probably going to be 2014 or 15 by the time they facelift it and bring it over here. (if they even do bring it over)

Of course, at the rate Ford is going...could be that long til we get some news on the Focus ST. :confused:
LOL - funny but maybe not too far from the truth about Ford.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
My, that Scirocco sure looks nice. It is a coupe though, so not exactly a direct competitor to the ST.

The updated GTI specs though sure look good (maybe that's part of what Ford was waiting for?). Who knows, but I'd still rather wait a bit longer for an ST done right than one that just well, isn't.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Wheels Magazine Australia has front page article on the next GTI proclaiming all sorts of brilliance. New chassis, lighter, 268hp etc etc. Who knows how much of the article is for sure, but if so it will be a hell of a car. Says it will be previewed at next Paris auto show so probably a long time to arrive on North American shores. Hopefully come September I'll be driving an ST and won't even be reading auto-blogs about other cars..........one can dream!
I tend to disagree with your specs. Its rumored to have the same 2.0 liter however power is boosted to 217. Not much of an improvement in my eyes. I think they like the lesser power option cause they dont have to worry about torque issues. Just thinking out loud. Check out this article.
2013 Volkswagen GTI Details Emerge

·
Registered
693 Posts
I tend to disagree with your specs. Its rumored to have the same 2.0 liter however power is boosted to 217. Not much of an improvement in my eyes. I think they like the lesser power option cause they dont have to worry about torque issues. Just thinking out loud. Check out this article.
2013 Volkswagen GTI Details Emerge

·
Registered
549 Posts
I tend to disagree with your specs.
Who knows, it's all speculation and the Wheels article is converted from KW to HP. But the article you link too shows the small bump in HP but a substantial boost in torque from 207 to 258ft lbs. That is a significant increase and is supposedly done by switching to the Audi valve system.
Anyway, rumors are interesting on the GTI, it's a decent car already, still rather have an ST.
Here's the wheels article:
Mk VII Golf GTI - September

1 - 11 of 11 Posts