Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined the forum in the past week and am looking forward to all the news about the upcoming ST. I’ve been without a sporty manual shift car for a while and am strongly considering getting back into one. The two top contenders on my radar now are the Focus ST and the Subaru BRZ. While I like the BRZ’s rear drive platform, I’m concerned about it’s lack of passenger and cargo space. I’ve owned 5 rear drive sports cars in the last 40 years but I’ve also had a couple of fun front drivers (the SVT Contour and Isuzu I-Mark RS). I’m hoping that Ford’s engineers do a great job on the ST’s handling. Looking forward to reading the road tests as the car is released to the press.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
tcl,

Thanks for joining! I am concerned about the shifting. :D I have never owned a manual transmission car.

I think the ST will be a good car for sure.

Glad you joined. See you around.

Chad

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Welcome! Hopefully first drives come out soon. I've already seen a lot on the BRZ and FR-S. Ford sure is keeping a tight lid on things.

Chad: Learning a stick isn't difficult but I would suggest learning on an easier car that doesn't have 247 horsepower and presumably a heavy clutch. Lol

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
I can drive a manual motor cycle, and a manual ATV. I have driven a manual car twice. Never stalled it. I think I can do this with no problem. :) Although I will most likely take a class before or get a friend to let me learn on theirs.

I plan on creating a thread dedicated to learning how to drive the focus ST if there are people who don't know and want this car.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
I have a G25 racing wheel. I play a lot of Gran Turismo 5, and force myself to use manual shifting with that. So the concept of shifting is nothing new to me. I am very confident I could get into a Focus ST and drive it off the lot. :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
I can drive a manual motor cycle, and a manual ATV. I have driven a manual car twice. Never stalled it. I think I can do this with no problem. :) Although I will most likely take a class before or get a friend to let me learn on theirs.

I plan on creating a thread dedicated to learning how to drive the focus ST if there are people who don't know and want this car.
I think i can help you guys with driving a manual shift car perfectly :)
For sure i can promise that this will a readjustment for everyone of you here. But also it will makes a lot of fun. manual transmission is still boring and sounds only good on a V8 motor.

also you need to learn driving with turbo charged motors. why? as you can see in the power curves that 360NM will be available at only 2000 rpm...that means that you do have to drive to 5000rpm to get fast forward :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts