Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well took in my 13 st today finally get a call back that they are ordering a new transmission. I could shift fine into every gear but third. If I did not jam it into gear it would grind every time no matter what speed. It would never pop out of gear or anything, just had problems getting into it. Supposedly it is supposed to be at the dealer by Friday, so I am hopeful it is there on time.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Eww, sorry to hear that... Is Ford going to cover it? Every time my shifter feels the least bit stiff going into gear I start thinking about these horror stories, lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car only has 190000 miles on it so it should be covered. And seeing that they ordered it without calling me I would assume so. I am going to ask them to re rate my warranty for the trans as well. It brand new parts installed by a ford tech, so I feel the warranty should be 50k from the time of install just for the trans. Hoping everything turns out ok.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Assume you mean 19k and not 190k miles. I would be impressed with that many miles in such a short time. Anyway sorry to hear this but maybe you will get a better one this time

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I remember back to when Mustang owners were having problems with the MT82 syncros and some dealers denied the claim due to "abuse." Maybe they learned from their mistakes as there was a pretty big uproar...

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Ford needs to make a TSB on this.
This little hose-clip dislodges & gets stuck onto the top of the trans, blocking the linkage arm.
9927228973_5cbeae2642_z.jpg 9927123004_99a4c12a56_o.jpg

20140206_091352.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts