Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm trying to find a good dealer to work with in the Central NY area (Syracuse or thereabouts). So far, my contacts with dealers have been very frustrating -- they are refusing to deal, requiring 10% non-refundable deposits, etc.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

·
Registered
908 Posts
If you're willing to go to Albany, Latham Ford seemed pretty nice. He was willing to give me a decent discount, and I don't think there was going to be a non-refundable deposit. I didn't end up ordering from him, however, since the car was arriving too late and I'd be in Michigan by the time it was delivered (so I ordered from a MI dealer).

Send them an email or call them up, and see what they say (I did all my ordering/negotiating through email).

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you're willing to go to Albany, Latham Ford seemed pretty nice. He was willing to give me a decent discount, and I don't think there was going to be a non-refundable deposit. I didn't end up ordering from him, however, since the car was arriving too late and I'd be in Michigan by the time it was delivered (so I ordered from a MI dealer).

Send them an email or call them up, and see what they say (I did all my ordering/negotiating through email).
Awesome info. Thanks. I'll give them a try.

As a lifelong VW driver, I thought VW dealers were bad! But the lack of information or customer service from Ford dealers in this area is really jawdropping. While I love the ST, if things don't improve, I'll be looking very hard at a GTI or a Golf R instead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts