Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone had ideas on who may make a lip kit for the ST. I come from years of modding Japanese cars and there were always good options - Mugen, Nismo, SPT, etc. - that made some nice, but not crazy pieces. Of course there were always some of the more gaudy, over-the-top options too, but there was always a nice and classy kit.

I don't know much about modding a domestic and what companies are out there that have a good rep for making quality kit pieces for something like the ST. Hoping that the fact this a Global model will create a lot more options for parts and lip kits.

Like another thread in this forum stated, a front lip splitter/extension would really look nice. :!:

·
Registered
440 Posts
It looks good but I believe the ST has a different front bumper with an extra grill opening which would make it so this lip wouldn't fit.

·
Registered
362 Posts
A subtle chin spoiler like what comes on the boss 302 would be PERFECT.. anything more would be gaudy. But this would add a bit of bite to the front and be functional.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^ I agree. Also yeah, that pic is of a base and I know the ST has a little different shape. At least we now have an idea that there will in fact be some decent pieces to choose from. Lets all keep our fingers crossed that we get some good options.

·
Registered
440 Posts
A carbonfibre splitter might look sexy and add some real world aerodynamic help. I am also a Carbon junky though.

Cue all you Photoshoppin experts.

·
Registered
440 Posts
That would be awesome Ron, I want carbon fiber for any piece of plastic that is on the exterior of the car that serves no purpose(ie. the surrounds around the fog lights, and the black out panels on the rear bumper).

·
Registered
534 Posts
Talked to them earlier, sounds like they have graphics packages in the works already. Looking forward to trying to get carbon parts from them.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I'd worry about the longevity of a carbon front splitter on the street if a car is driven regularly. Heck, I know the speed bumps at my kids' school would probably kill it fast. That's why I'm hoping for a urethane airdam/splitter for mine.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Yep......

Here is another mod to effectively eat at my wallet lol.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I also come from the asian tuning side of things, so driving carful and low is not hard at all from me. Mugen or a Super low hanging Spoon lip on my EK4 has never worried me. I surely hope some aero parts start showing up.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I know lol. Its just not possible to catch a break with this car. Oh I'll just buy this thing and that ll be it lol. .. and 5 mods later you're still saying the same thing heh
Please refer to my sig haha

·
Registered
742 Posts
Relevant to your interests folks: I just got some very promising pics from a certain company that has some ST development/project work going on. Lip kits ahead.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts