Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really love the look of the hood on the RS with the vents. Anyone thinking of going with an aftermarket vented hood or one with a scoop?

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
The body panels are the one things that I will not touch when I get the ST; I like it just the way it is.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Highly doubtful for someone like me. The ST will be a daily driver exposed to all elements, plus the cost per benefit ratio will not make it worth it. Maybe if I was building up a race car, but not for a DD.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
I'd like to have the mirrors done and that's about it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Pics of an RS hood or pics of the hood made for the ST? I was hoping an aftermarket hood would be available for the ST in the future.
RS hood, I googled but the only pics of the RS I found where the previous non facelift RS. Do they make on for the new ST platform?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Something like this? yes i was thinking the same thing and potentially also the spoiler.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've never been a big fan of aftermarket carbon fiber. Normally fitment is poor as well and construction quality. Anytime in the sun and they fade, which looks awful. I'll going to stick with factory bodywork.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've never been a big fan of aftermarket carbon fiber. Normally fitment is poor as well and construction quality. Anytime in the sun and they fade, which looks awful. I'll going to stick with factory bodywork.
Agreed! The M3 owners I know are carbon fiber junkies. I've seen some pretty awful looking carbon fiber body work, huge gaps in the body panels, different angles in the panels that leave the seams uneven. IMO it's just not the most cost efficient thing to do for a Focus ST, unless you can get a high end body shop to make the molds and guarantee the quality. But then $$$$

·
Registered
440 Posts
I plan on getting an RS style hood(either fiberglass or carbon fiber depending on price and availability) after awhile of having the ST, I will also paint it to match the rest of the car regardless of whether it is carbon fiber or fiberglass.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Imma bring this back! These ST are lacking off agressiveness on the hood. Yes the RS hood would look clean, but there's one im really curious about. Its on the COBB Focus. This was before the ST came out. Im not sure if any of you guys have seen their video on making a focus a race car. Anyways the hood they were using was clean! Thats the kind of hood i would put. Not sure it was dry carbon or not. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts