Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Join the elite group of first owners and score a GoPro® HD Hero2 Motorsports Edition.

Reserve your 2013 Focus ST today* and you’ll be among the first to experience this perfectly balanced blend of refined engineering and undiluted adrenaline. Plus, the first 1,000 to reserve will get a GoPro® HD Hero2 Motorsports Edition that includes one camera and related mounts upon delivery of the vehicle.

2013 Ford Focus ST | Reserve Yours Today | Ford.com

I was thinking about the wording of the this announcement. Ford is offering two things if you reserve a car. 1. Be among the first to experience. 2. Get a GoPro camera.

I wonder given that it appears that the dealer orders have more recent build dates and unless the dealer cars are held and shipped out as a group with the reserve orders I can't see them meeting the 'among' part of the offer. Time will tell.

Was the word 'among' a carefully chosen word or what? Was it just plain marketing with no substance except for the GoPro? Are we just misinterpreting the offer?

What was the purpose of the reservation process? What did Ford get that was worth a GoPro?

Do you think we benefited by getting to order our cars before rather than having the dealers in the catbird seat with a bunch of us fighting over the limited first run?

Personally as one who ordered a ST3, I'm feeling just a little elite.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
If all we had to fight over was low dealer allocation we probably would be paying more and getting our 3rd choice color/package. At this point I'm saying camera and the specific car/option I want. That's about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
ST3 order here. Not feeling too elite. My small dealer has only ordered one ST - mine. Didn't even order any for stock.

·
Registered
869 Posts
If all we had to fight over was low dealer allocation we probably would be paying more and getting our 3rd choice color/package. At this point I'm saying camera and the specific car/option I want. That's about it.
If Ford didn't allow factory orders at all, I'd agree, but since they do anyway, then you could still get the color/options you wanted.

Anyway, I'm still not completely convinced that they aren't going to hold dealer builds and ship simultaneously with pre-orders. Its the only thing that makes any sense from a good customer relations perspective.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts