1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
338 Posts
This seems to be more of a thinly-veiled band-aid fix to compensate for using an undersized turbo, rather than a neat tech feature. I'm not sold on the idea. It clearly works, until the air charge is overheated past the point of of producing power and forcing the ECU to pull timing, reducing power even further...which is why it only happens in bursts, I'm sure. Will it prevent me from buying one? Probably not. Is it worth all of the hype? Probably not.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm with Grabber on this one. Just compensation for a tiny snail of a turbo. It's not a huge deal, as this is meant to be a fun quick car, not a car that hauls ass.

·
Registered
6 Posts
mmmmmm im Nemie from Australia the ST will be on sale here from november im told by the local ford dealer i just sold my ford XR-5 Turbo / focus ST 2007 and am waiting to see the new st at the sydney motor show 19th october this year if i dont like the spec we get i will be so pissed off and just get a mazda MPS / Speed3 :8: i look at youtube to see what you might get over your way i really hope its a true one world car

·
Registered
6 Posts
hold our for dreamscience from the uk it gave my old st great power upgrade they tell me 12 months until they have a something good

·
Registered
86 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I think one of the very first mods on these cars will be some kind of eliminator or "93 tune" where the so-called overboost feature is on at all times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts