Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
The only question is, when will they publicly announce this. They will do this at a auto show. LA is the largest one before NAIAS in Jan.

I heard that they are doing crash testing right now for the Fiesta ST.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
We have to wait to see how well it performs, but I think the 177 horse power engine on premium fuel will be its fatal flaw. It is a shame because I think Ford will gear it for performance and the torque vectoring control system will make it fun in both daily driving and on the track. I am left wondering what this car could be like with a real 1.6L turbo charged engine and Hyundai proved it can be done in a cheap sub-compact. To the writer of Auto Guide, you are in idiot because it is not the most powerful sub-compact by 24 horse power. The Veloster Turbo is more powerful with just 87 octane fuel and its torque curve is extremely wide giving great passing power in daily driving. Ford, please increase the power to 200+ in the Fiesta ST so we will know what a sub-compact can do with both a good suspension and good engine.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Not surprised, they pretty much confirmed it in Key West. However, it's good to hear it from someone else. With the upgrade they're doing for 2014 (Nav, new design, etc...) I might consider the Fiesta ST when it comes time to trade this one in.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Maybe they are trying to meet the Mini Cooper as far as performance standards.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Maybe they are trying to meet the Mini Cooper as far as performance standards.
I rescind what I said earlier. If the Fiesta ST prices below $22,000 after destination with Recaro seats, that is a good idea. It should crush the Mini Cooper with overall performance and it will be an awesome car at that price.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Only time will tell. LA Auto Show is a few months out. If not there, Detroit, which i'll be at. Sonic RS?

Chad

Reactions: JohnSmithNot1882

·
Registered
753 Posts
I wonder if it will be a 2014 model. I'd still stick to the Focus ST because of over all size. All though if they ever get around to doing a Fusion AWD ST model I'd jump at that.

·
Registered
753 Posts
an ecoboost v6 fusion would be cool, but im still pondering about the next RS model fiesta or focus?
An RS would be awesome, I probably wouldn't buy it because it will be 3-doors and be horribly unpractical. I'll have a Mustang as a summer toy as long as I can afford it. I'd rather they throw the coyote motor in the Fusion with AWD and a 6-speed. That would be a fun car to drive.

·
Registered
786 Posts
We have to wait to see how well it performs, but I think the 177 horse power engine on premium fuel will be its fatal flaw. It is a shame because I think Ford will gear it for performance and the torque vectoring control system will make it fun in both daily driving and on the track. I am left wondering what this car could be like with a real 1.6L turbo charged engine and Hyundai proved it can be done in a cheap sub-compact. To the writer of Auto Guide, you are in idiot because it is not the most powerful sub-compact by 24 horse power. The Veloster Turbo is more powerful with just 87 octane fuel and its torque curve is extremely wide giving great passing power in daily driving. Ford, please increase the power to 200+ in the Fiesta ST so we will know what a sub-compact can do with both a good suspension and good engine.
The VT weighs quite a bit more than the Fiesta. I'd bet the acceleration is about even between the two.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Definitely going to make things more difficult... May have to sit on the sidelines longer now (I've been pondering the Focus ST) until I see how the little Fiesta ST pans out...

·
Registered
104 Posts
The VT weighs quite a bit more than the Fiesta. I'd bet the acceleration is about even between the two.
Acceleration will be about the same because the Veloster Turbo is geared too much for fuel economy. The Fiesta weighs about the same as the Veloster. The Fiesta ST should weigh about the same as the Veloster Turbo.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Acceleration will be about the same because the Veloster Turbo is geared too much for fuel economy. The Fiesta weighs about the same as the Veloster. The Fiesta ST should weigh about the same as the Veloster Turbo.
Fiesta ST weighs in at 2575 lbs, the VT is 2800 lbs.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts