Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can view the page at http://fordstnation.com/content.php?r=198-focus-st-hot-laps-in-dearborn

Earlier today I was informed that Ford Performance Group is inviting anyone willing to make the drive to Dearborn, Michigan for special access to the SVT Homecoming event to tour the facilities and test drive the 2013 Focus ST.

This Friday at 10:45am. (8/10/2012)

I need to know your real name and contact information (phone number) via PM ONLY if you are interested, so I can give it to Ford Performance Group for security clearance.

This is the real deal, so for those of you have felt like you have not had a chance to be a part of the Focus ST events going on, this is it. I will be going to this event, so anyone who goes will get to meet me. This should be very educational, because some of the pioneers of the SVT will be there. As well as Lisa, and others from the ST group.

Read about the full event here: http://origin.library.constantconta...48/2012SVT_Homecoming_EventGuide_FULLPAGE.pdf

You may express your interest in this thread, but DO NOT give out your personal information in the thread. Remember, PM me.

The deadline is 4:00PM tomorrow (8/9/2012) for anyone that wants to go.

Reactions: Rownan and oaxa

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Members going:
Chad
j5t4v
focusownerskid

FINAL LIST

I am very sorry to everyone else. We will all get a chance to meet up in the future I promise.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Son of a bitch! Of course my friends are getting married that weekend.
Although this is a once in a lifetime event. People usually get married more than once anyway :p

·
Registered
29 Posts
Chad

You could look at this as a reward, for all your hard work, with this site. Along with a finge benefit, of your move. Enjoy the day, we all look forward to hear how it goes/went.... Upon reading further; no cameras allowed :(

·
Registered
157 Posts
PM sent! I would love to test drive an ST before receiving mine. I'm only 20 minutes away from Dearborn (across the border).

-John

·
Banned
88 Posts
Damnit!! I'm gonna have to see if I can get off work. Of course all the ST drive events in cities nowhere nearby are on the weekend and this is in the work week.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am going to see if I can get off I will pm you tomorrow

·
Registered
753 Posts
As an SVTOA Member I almost went to this but wasn't able to make the drive out this weekend :-(

·
Registered
264 Posts
Of course, I finally get a shot at something local and can't get off work. Ugh, only a half hour away from Dearborn. Oh well, I'll just drive one of the ST2s when they get on the lots while I wait for my ST3...thanks for the heads up about this.

·
Registered
117 Posts
This sounds amazing!
Of course this is one of the worst weeks for this to come up, my boss is out this week and I'm swamped!
I'm still going to see if I can get Friday off though!!
Or... Maybe I'll have to "work" out of one of our Detroit area offices on Friday! ;-)

It's a 2.5 hour cross state drive for me, but it would be well worth it to me, and I'm used to doing that trip for work anyway.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is it bad that I'm shopping flights from Florida for this? I wanna go!
What is your flight info, the Air Port is about 10 minutes from Ford. :p

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Son of a bitch! Of course my friends are getting married that weekend.
Although this is a once in a lifetime event. People usually get married more than once anyway :p
Me too! If not I'd be in my car right now!

On the go via Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
Chad,

Did they specify if it would be hot laps strictly as a passenger or will we be allowed to get some behind the wheel time?

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Negative ghost writer. I believe we will be passengers. All we can do is ask though. :O:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Obviously, the Friday event is the best part of the weekend.
However, do you know if we are invited to join the other activities this weekend as well?
The SVT Garage visit on Saturday would also be pretty awesome to attend.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
To be honest I am not 100% sure. My instinct tells me that it would be most likely fine if you did stick around for the entire weekend. I can ask tomorrow when I talk with the Coordinator.

1 - 20 of 178 Posts