·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Reactions: PDX:ST

·
Registered
284 Posts
It does sound fantastic! I also like how quickly they are rowing through the gears. The wait for this car is getting more and more painful by the day!

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Love it. About time we got a clear no music clip!

Reactions: Ron

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your welcome, Ford had this clip in some strange format that I did not think everyone would be able to play. So I converted and you-tubed it for you all..

I listened to it like 10 times.. lol

·
Registered
284 Posts
I listened to it like 10 times.. lol
Ha! I've listened to it at least that many times already! :LOL:

It reminds me of the sound of the Audi S8 in Ronin, which sounded awesome!

·
4,009 Posts
I've lost track of how many times I've listened to it

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Ford had this clip in some strange format that I did not think everyone would be able to play
Thanks for posting this Chad. Was the "weird" sound file sent to you privately, or is it on some public Ford site?

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sounds awesome! :cool:

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I created the video :)

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
It was very nice to hear what car sounds like without straining to get it through overwheling music. Just as the front of the car is its face the exhaust note is its voice. The same as seeing a big man with a squeaky voice you dont want a performance car with a wimp note.
You also dont want a rattely loud and annoying tone, either. There are too many folgers fartcan exhausts out there by a LONG shot. The best sound is deep, confident, and without the tinny undertone that is all too common.
I like this sound though the recording sounds a bit digitally compressed. I would love to hear a good outside rolling, a curbside drive by and standing WOT, and a ridealong outside track as well.
Nice job, though.

·
4,009 Posts
Agreed. Someone at Ford needs to get on it!

·
Registered
549 Posts
It's sounds good inside the car with the symposer tube, but I really want to hear a good drive-by outside sound. The Barcelona test video left quite a bit to be desired with the external exhaust note. I hope it was tweaked since then.

·
Registered
148 Posts
It's sounds good inside the car with the symposer tube, but I really want to hear a good drive-by outside sound. The Barcelona test video left quite a bit to be desired with the external exhaust note. I hope it was tweaked since then.
^This^
I also am curious what it will sound like from the outside. My 82 Mini City sounded beefy inside the car, but outside was a different story...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes exactly that's where I wanna hear it outside the car

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
20 Posts
Meh, it's all a pysch job, does NOT make the car any faster, Ford is hardly the first to use this trick. Don't get me wrong, it's neat and you don't have to open the sunroof to hear the exhaust (like I do in my G35) ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts