3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Attachments

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Geneva Ford Press Site:
Ford of Europe Press Kit :: 82nd INTERNATIONAL MOTOR SHOW AND ACCESSORIES :: GENEVA 2012

Press Release:
http://geneva2012.fordmedia.eu/documents/FiestaST/FordFiestaST_EU.pdf

RELEASE AT 7:00 P.M. CET 5 March, 2012

Production-Ready Fiesta ST Debuts at 2012 Geneva Motor Show

• Dynamic new Fiesta ST unveiled as a production-ready model at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show and confirmed for introduction in Europe in 2013

• New Fiesta ST is powered by a 1.6-litre EcoBoost engine that delivers 180PS – 20 per cent more power than the previous model – accelerates 0-100km/h in less than seven seconds and can reach a top-speed of 220km/h-plus

• Class-leading driving dynamics delivered by enhanced Torque Vectoring Control system, specially-tuned chassis and three Electronic Stability Control settings – all tested extensively at Germany’s world-famous Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Ford remains open to the idea of introducing the high-performance small car to North America for the first time, following a positive response to the five-door Fiesta ST concept at the 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show.

GENEVA, Switzerland, March 5, 2012 – Ford Motor Company is unveiling the new production-ready Fiesta ST at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show in advance of the performance hatchback’s launch in Europe in 2013.

Customers have clamoured for a new Fiesta ST since the last model disappeared from European showrooms in 2008. The all-new model will take Fiesta ST performance to a new level. The numbers tell the story: 180PS 1.6-litre EcoBoost, 240Nm of torque, 0-100km/h in under seven seconds, and top speed of more than 220km/h. At the same time, the EcoBoost technology delivers a 20 per cent reduction in CO2 emissions compared with the previous Fiesta ST.

Developed by Ford’s Team RS, the new Fiesta ST delivers significant ride-and-handling improvements through the introduction of a specially tuned chassis that sits 15mm lower than the standard Fiesta; Ford’s enhanced Torque Vectoring Control system; and three Electronic Stability Control modes. The technologies were put to the test over 5000 kilometers of driving on Germany’s Nürburgring Nordschleife.

“We believe Ford customers will be blown away by the new Fiesta ST, and not only by the exhilarating performance but by the styling and specification, too. This dynamic new hot-hatch is undoubtedly our best Fiesta ST to date,” said Jost Capito, Ford’s director of Global Performance Vehicles.

The high-contrast interior features unprecedented levels of equipment and specification to suit the sporting driver, with standard Recaro sports seats appearing in a Fiesta ST for the first time. It also will be equipped with MyKey, which allows owners to limit performance and ensure activation of safety features for when less-experienced drivers use the vehicle; and SYNC, Ford’s voice-activated in-car connectivity system. A new bold and dynamic exterior design drives home the high performance message and features the latest Ford design signatures including a large trapezoidal grille.

The new Fiesta ST was engineered using Ford’s global Performance Car DNA and developed by Ford Team RS, the European arm of the company’s Global Performance Vehicles group.
The experience of the engineering team in working with Ford’s motorsport partners to develop the Fiesta RS WRC, Fiesta Rallycross and Racing Fiesta vehicles, also proved invaluable for developing the new Fiesta ST.

With production of the new Fiesta ST confirmed for Europe, Ford also remains open to the idea of introducing the high-performance small car to other regions, including North America for the first time following a highly positive response to the five-door Fiesta ST concept that made its North American debut at the 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show.

“We’re delighted to be bringing a new generation Fiesta ST to our European enthusiasts in 2013 and we’ll have more to say about our plans for other markets in the near future,” said Capito. “With the Fiesta ST joining the new Focus ST, we will again be able to deliver a choice of affordable small performance cars that are designed to deliver a unique blend of stand-out styling and dynamic on-road performance with true practicality for everyday use.”

·
Registered
407 Posts
Good news for the EU market, and of course nothing for NA. If we do see this car come to NA you can count on it being a 5 door. I think Ford wants to see how well the Focus ST does here first before they consider bringing to NA.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I know it's a small detail, but the one thing I really like the front end is how well it integrates the front license plate (probably the most annoying thing about living in Ohio...). Compare that to the Focus ST and you'll see what I mean.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its actually quite frustrating that NA was not been announced. Especially since, a new front end/body kit and engine are all that makes it a ST over normal Fiesta. But the reality of all of this is, gas prices are not high enough to force us Americans down to these small cars. But that is less true, I am paying $4 per gallon now. You'd bet people are feeling some pain now. If this thing gets as good MPG as I've read, then I think some would opt for this ST over a Focus.

My guess is, we might see a Production Fiesta ST announced at New York if there is one for the NA Market.

The new <acronym title="2013 Ford Fiesta ST" style="border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); cursor: help; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-style: italic; background-color: rgb(242, 246, 248); ">Fiesta ST</acronym> was engineered using Ford’s global Performance Car DNA and developed by Ford Team RS, the European arm of the company’s Global Performance Vehicles group.
The experience of the engineering team in working with Ford’s motorsport partners to develop the Fiesta RS WRC, Fiesta Rallycross and Racing Fiesta vehicles, also proved invaluable for developing the new <acronym title="2013 Ford Fiesta ST" style="border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); cursor: help; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-style: italic; background-color: rgb(242, 246, 248); ">Fiesta ST</acronym>.

With production of the new <acronym title="2013 Ford Fiesta ST" style="border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); cursor: help; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-style: italic; background-color: rgb(242, 246, 248); ">Fiesta ST</acronym> confirmed for Europe, Ford also remains open to the idea of introducing the high-performance small car to other regions, including North America for the first time following a highly positive response to the five-door <acronym title="2013 Ford Fiesta ST" style="border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); cursor: help; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-style: italic; background-color: rgb(242, 246, 248); ">Fiesta ST</acronym> concept that made its North American debut at the 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show.
I think they are wanting to measure the negative reaction to this. I will most likely be a hit or miss for the NA market. Who knows they might sell like hotcakes because of the MPG.

I thought I read a 1.6L Ecoboost can get above 50 MPG... Am I wrong?

·
Registered
47 Posts
50 mpg would be awesome, though Europeans are probably not that impressed by that number. Looks great, hope that it comes to the US. I'm still committed to a Focus ST, but the more performance cars in the US the better.

Also, can I have those red seat inserts in the Focus ST? They look amazing

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
in reading more now that I have time to actually read this Press Release (at work when posted this info) I got this excerpt

“We’re delighted to be bringing a new generation <acronym title="2013 Ford Fiesta ST" style="border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); cursor: help; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-style: italic; background-color: rgb(242, 246, 248); ">Fiesta ST</acronym> to our European enthusiasts in 2013 and we’ll have more to say about our plans for other markets in the near future,” said Capito.
Honestly speaking, it is a global car, and the NA version will be identical spec. So if they are going to bring to NA market, its going to be at New York.

Edit:

This is "one" of the looks we will get for the Focus ST.

Attachments

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Video Surfaced from Ford Media @ GenevaIt is a little quite.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Cool vid but why is the guy driving like 20 mph? I want to hear the turbo and exaust! Come on man, get on that thing a little!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts