Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it looks like there is more competition in the small pocket rocket category coming soon. It looks okay, not spectacular like I would expect form Audi's S line of performance cars. I'll bet this car will have a pretty hefty price tag!

Audi S1 specs revealed, sales due to begin during second half of 2013 in the U.K.

audi-s1-spy-2_653_653.jpg

The much-rumored Audi S1 is undergoing testing in Germany, and it will be powered by a new version of the 2.0-liter EA888 inline-four turbocharged engine also found under the hood of the GTI. Unlike the GTI, however, the S1 will put down its estimated 220-horsepower through an all-wheel-drive system.

According to AutoCar, the car will reach U.K. showrooms during the second half of 2013, after most likely being shown off to the public at the 2013 Geneva Motor Show. While it’s still not confirmed, the car may make its way over to North America as well.

The engine, which will get a continuously variable valve control system, will be hitched to either a six-speed manual transmission or an optional seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox. As long has been the case with VAG products, a Haldex-style multi-plate clutch all-wheel-drive system will be standard fare on all S1s. It’s estimated that the 0-62mph sprint will take about 6.5 seconds

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I agree with you. This car is defiantly targeting the Fiat 500 and Mini Cooper market.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw pictures of the interior, and its not very nice. The niche for this car just isn't there IMO. The Audi TT is a sexy car, they should have focused their efforts else wear and let VW work the hatchback market.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
A VW Scirocco GTS in an Audi skin maybe? If so, I think the VW looks better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts