Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Auto Express UK got to ride along on the new Ford Focus ST. Unfortunately, a magazine subscription is required to read the article. Check out the gallery!

Ford Focus ST exclusive ride | News | Auto Express

I am not sure why there has been no test drives yet by any of the large magazines. Only ride alongs. Either Ford is not allowing a test drive or they are embargoing the information until some future date.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm guessing they aren't allowing any test drives, since restricting information until a certain date almost never works.

I wonder how the grill will look with a US license plate on the front. I think they are about an inch taller than license plates in the UK, so it hopefully won't take up a noticeably larger amount of space. Also, how do they mount onto the grill?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Thanks for the link. Now can someone find a Brit contact who can get ahold of the text?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Uh ST with winter Tires! an the licence plate is from Cologne Germany, just 15km from here :)
BUT this pictures are making me nervous. the interiour equipment/package ist awesome bad :)
small display, ugly sony radio, gear knob without ST logo, and another RED seats which we haven´t seen yet!
So this must be new pre-production model or so.

PS. the small winter tires say to me: just use the standard wheels for winter and buy new one for summer :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I wonder how the grill will look with a US license plate on the front. I think they are about an inch taller than license plates in the UK, so it hopefully won't take up a noticeably larger amount of space. Also, how do they mount onto the grill?
One of the good thing about living in Michigan is NO FRONT LICENSE PLATES!!!!

We don't have to mar the front end with ugly bent aluminum. Just the beauty of the ST grill . . . .

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
I am still wondering a way we can get the rest of this text for us to read. Any UK user have access to this magazine and is willing to share it with us?

I thought about getting a membership, but its $69 GBP for the year. Not the kind of investment I am willing to make for 1 article in the magazine.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
£24000=US $37891.2

<tbody>
</tbody>

That looks like a ST3....Man that is expensive for a Focus in US dollars. If a ST3 is $38k i'll pass... Although starting price might be GBP 24000. The economies of scale do play. The dollar is 80% weaker to the pound. Also about 40% weaker to the euro.
  • MPG (not MPL): 37 (est) Our estimated deductive reasoning is close
  • So on sale is September, which is something we have heard for the UK/EU marketing before. So ordering in May, and have a focus st by September would be great!
  • A Fiesta ST is due this year. That could mean its going from a concept car to pre-production model...I doubt it will be released this year. If there is in fact a Fiesta ST.
Stephen great man, thanks for the clips

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
£24000=US $37891.2

<tbody>
</tbody>
That sounds about right for the ST in the UK. The prices are very much different when a "global" car is sold in the UK/Europe and then sold in the US. Mid to high 20's seems about right for the US.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Thanks much for posting the info!! I'm getting even more excited about the car. I think I can wait till Sept to get one.

·
Registered
358 Posts
no problem :) 24.000GBP = 28.000 €

if that is realistic what we calculate....this price should be okay. Old ST startet @ 26.500 € as far as i remeber.
hopefully i got 20% discount ;)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks for posting the article Stephan, good info like a September release date. I'm getting tired of the "est. price" though. This will be the deciding factor for me. I will be settling for an MS3 if this thing is priced near $30 grand. It just wouldn't make any sense for Ford to do that when it's compeditors are 4-5 grand less expensive.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
I do believe it would be a mistake to price starting around $30k. Just seeing a few of your comments here.. I know it would be a mistake for Ford. I don't think we see the value of a Focus ST at $30k.

I was also interested in the new Genesis Coupe as well. Great power for a 2.0T... :)

$30K is not competitive with WV, Subaru or Mazda.

Subaru Impreza WRX: Starts at $25,595 *MSRP

VW GTI: Starts at $23,995 *MSRP

Mazda 3 Speed: Starts at $23,700 *MSRP

GENESIS COUPE: Starts at $22,250 *MSRP

However, seeing this article makes me realize that we will most likely be priced in $24-$26K Area....

·
Registered
358 Posts
Chad, what kind ob Impreza is that? Here in Germany we can get one with 2.0 150 HP (24k€) and the WRX STI 2.5l 300HP /45k€)
GTI starts @ 28k € (200HP)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thanks for posting the article Stephan, good info like a September release date. I'm getting tired of the "est. price" though. This will be the deciding factor for me. I will be settling for an MS3 if this thing is priced near $30 grand. It just wouldn't make any sense for Ford to do that when it's compeditors are 4-5 grand less expensive.
You´re right. price and package are really important for me. the only alternative is as you said the MS3. A friend of mine has one, also tuned, great car, but inside it is not the queen of beauty :) ... i do not know what i can do if the ST fails for me ...

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Reactions: STephan

·
Registered
2 Posts
I cant see ford designing a great car like this then taking themselves out of the market by price point in the US they would have to stay competitive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I do believe it would be a mistake to price starting around $30k. Just seeing a few of your comments here.. I know it would be a mistake for Ford. I don't think we see the value of a Focus ST at $30k.

I was also interested in the new Genesis Coupe as well. Great power for a 2.0T... :)

$30K is not competitive with WV, Subaru or Mazda.

Subaru Impreza WRX: Starts at $25,595 *MSRP

VW GTI: Starts at $23,995 *MSRP

Mazda 3 Speed: Starts at $23,700 *MSRP

GENESIS COUPE: Starts at $22,250 *MSRP

However, seeing this article makes me realize that we will most likely be priced in $24-$26K Area....

I have also been considering alternatives too. I would consider the Genesis Coupe Spec R. Its supposed to get a power increase to 274 hp for 2013. I also have been looking at the Scion FR-S, it doesnt have the HP (only 200) but its supposed to be a sweet handling car. The nice thing too is they are both rear wheel drive.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts