Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been looking for a new website to visit for automotive news. All I've got right now is jalopnik.com which is run by the horrible gawker media group who makes craptastic website designs. So I'm looking for something to replace jalopnik. I'm looking for suggestions. I've also recently started reading autoblog and found it to be ok.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Autoblog and winding road are some that I frequent.

On the go - Via TapTalk

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
auto blog seems to be to fastest to be updated.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input, looks like Autoblog will be my new go-to automotive news site.

·
Registered
547 Posts
So I've been looking for a new website to visit for automotive news. All I've got right now is jalopnik.com which is run by the horrible gawker media group who makes craptastic website designs. So I'm looking for something to replace jalopnik. I'm looking for suggestions. I've also recently started reading autoblog and found it to be ok.
Jalopnik is more of an entertainment, car-related humor news site. Its kind of the Top Gear of the bunch.

I go to Autoblog and Carscoop for news.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some of the videos on Carscoop are nuts, it's truly amazing how some people are allowed to operate a motor vehicle. Thanks for the site though, I'll be coming back to this one often I imagine.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I use Google Reader and subscribe to Autoblog's feed and InsideLine's feed. Google Reader makes it easy to stay up to date and not miss anything. Also, you can use it for other stuff like news and comedy (failblog for me) and organize it to view only what you want to see.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Twitter is great, too, if you want to just get a feed of the stories and filter out what you don't want. I get everything from the magazine sites, to the blogs, to manufacturer news, to race organizations, to some of my favorite drivers with a brain (limited).

Twitter is nice, too, because its passive. Don't have to participate if you don't want and can lock it down completely if you choose to incoming requests, blah, blah and just watch.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any twitter recommendations? Certain people to follow etc? I have an affliction towards anything google.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Any twitter recommendations? Certain people to follow etc? I have an affliction towards anything google.
Anything Chris Harris is involved with is amazing IMO, Jalopnik, MotorTrend, Road & Track, Hemmings (if you want a cool old school education), Bring A Trailer, Grant Winter, Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear, Matt Hardigree, blah, blah. That's a decent start.

If you're a race fan, then ALMS, GrandAm, John Dagys, Austin Grand Prix...

If you want automotive +, then CJ Wilson is always an interesting follow. You'll get racing, baseball, spirituality and some other stuff rolled into one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts