Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello world.

I had to replace my Motorcraft on my '13 ST today. I could feel the start taking a bit longer and had it tested - 12.26v / 493CCA at 62 degrees. I'm original owner since Oct '12. My Explorer also went 3 years before crapping out.

BTW, giving props to this guy for his great videos on Focus servicing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcMapd-Z3Lg

Anyhow, I dropped in an Odyssey PC1200 (not the metal one) today. The footprint is smaller so there's a gap at the bottom due to the recessed base that is designed for Motorcraft. The terminal on the Odyssey pushed the height over 7" so getting the negative terminal bolt back on required an open ended 10mm. And the back cover was a b&#ch to get back on as well.

Not sure if anyone else is seeing this but there was a large amount of corrosion on the negative terminal. It was completely covered and trickled down the side into the compartment. Cleaning up that mess took longer than replacing the battery. I don't know if it was the battery or some type of undercharging issue somewhere else but I'm going to keep a close eye on it from now on.

I've been poking around this forum but haven't found anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts