Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Bet you have never seen stock rims like this ;)

9K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  Elizabeth 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! This will be my first post on this forum!!! I got bored and decided to do a little paint scheme project for my rims. Hope you like em. ***Disclaimer-No painting was taken place inside. They rims were painted outside and then brought in to dry.***

So first I wet sanded the wheels down, cleaned them very good, protected the tires and sprayed them down with rustoleum high heat ultra paint.
Alloy wheel Rim Wheel Tire Spoke

Next I masked off the areas I did not want to paint.
Green Bed sheet Bedding Linens Room

Helmet Green Personal protective equipment Leaf Plant

Painted non masked portion.
Green Plastic Helmet Plastic bag Inflatable

Remove tape and masking
Green Helmet Personal protective equipment

Allow to dry overnight
Tire Alloy wheel Rim Wheel Automotive tire

Mounting the final product. You can see I used to just have them painted straight black.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Motor vehicle

Next step is to sit back and admire them!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Rim

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Mid-size car

Paints used- Black-rustoleum high heat ultra. Green- VHT engine enamel. Clear- Rustoleum clear coat.

See less See more
#3 ·
Would look a lot better if your lug nuts were green as well, in my opinion.

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk

#5 ·
I would NOT have the patience for that. Not really my style, but like eglove said, kudos on the work involved. Now you just need some other green pieces on the car to tie it together.

#7 ·
I originally had the lug nuts painted green, but it was just waaaaaaaaaay too much. A little green goes a long way. As for more green I plan on doing the spoiler,mirror covers, calipers, and st/ford logo in green too. Then my little project will be done for cosmetics. Next come a tune.

#11 ·
Thank you to all who complimented my work. As to those that didn't. I understand that not everyone will like this. We all have different tastes. I wasn't trying to appease the masses. I did this because I like it, and frankly isn't it nice to see someone deviate from the sea of cookie cutter black plasti dip rims? (Not just talking about ST's, every car seems to have plasti dip rims now-a-days)

#19 ·
Looks excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.