Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
We call it "snapshots". It is a predefined list of parameters which are captured when an event takes place. This has been done or many years for the mine purpose of troubleshooting. In some cases where their are warantee concerns, extra information is gathered. This information is stored in the ECU so there is not a separate box. It is saved in NVM so the OEM can access the information with a service tool.

·
Registered
463 Posts
In the products I a aware of (not Ford) the only way to remove this informtion is with a file which will write all the NVM to "FF". Normal flash files will not write to these memory locations. As stated, tuning companies who have reverse engineered the code could determine where this information is stored in memory, but I doubt that is a business they want to enter. Lots of this information is very useful and cuts down on dealer troubleshooting time...saving us money.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.