Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you don't know I like Euro cars. I absolutely loved my M3, I sold it to actually save money to buy a 1 series M Coupe. However that dream never materialized. This new 2 series is a sharp looking car and a lot better looking than the previous 1 series.

bmw-2-series-coupe11-655x436.jpg

BMW is also embracing small turbo engines. I'd suspect the new N20 2.0 Turbo will find its way into this car. The N20 motor features direct injection and valvetronic, good for 240hp / 260 lb-ft torque.

Rumors: BMW M2, 2 Series Gran Coupe and 2 Series models

·
Registered
778 Posts
The 1 series was a cute little car. I like to look at beamers, but I don't think I would ever own one.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I personally like this look more than the previous 1 Series which did have a soft look IMO. This 2 Series has more of an aggressive look than before. Size wise, the back seat isn't much. No different than any other small coupe.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I've driven a 135i and WOW is that a little sleeper. Incredibly quick and agile, but I always thought it was the ugly duckling of the BMW lineup (which is saying a lot considering it came out during the height of the Bangle period). This new 2-series looks monumentally better and the coupe doesn't look like an afterthought like the 1 does, hopefully it will perform just as good as well.

Oh, and BTW, that's just a rendering... so take that with a very large grain of salt.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That photo is a rendering?

I don't think BMW needs so many options, I feel like they should stick to odd numbers. Kill the 6, and just have 1,3,5,7. :p
BMW is slowly whoring themselves out. There is talk of a 4 series along with the 6 and 2 series. Then the Grand Coupe, I believe the odd numbers will be Coupe while the even numbers will be Sedans.

·
Registered
908 Posts
BMW is slowly whoring themselves out. There is talk of a 4 series along with the 6 and 2 series. Then the Grand Coupe, I believe the odd numbers will be Coupe while the even numbers will be Sedans.
I think it would be the other way around, they can't make the iconic 3er sedan a 4er, it just doesn't sound right!

·
Registered
908 Posts
will cost $45.000 without any options
For a 2er? Be more realistic, it would be ~$35k.

The 1 series was a cute little car. I like to look at beamers, but I don't think I would ever own one.
Beemer: Motorcycle
Bimmer: Car

Sorry, I just like teaching people the correct spelling. It's good car trivia to know!

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Considering that the current 1-series starts around 28k IIRC, I think it shouldn't start at more than 30k. Then again, good luck finding a 1-series for 28k... I'm not even sure they've actually made a base 1-series before, haha.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
because the 335 comes with a sport package standard , on 128 you have to add the package , i wouldn't get a BMW without it oh and a more powerful engine :LOL:
The N20 4 cylinder turbo is great motor. I'm sure with tuning it can make great power, but yeah 6 cylinder turbo is still better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts