Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the Boomba rear motor mount in the spring and after doing some research I elected not to install it for fear of the vibration issues. Well 3 days ago I got the itch to give it a shot anyway... I put the stock mount back in today. Installation was very easy... took me just over an hour, and just under an hour to put the stock one back in. Pros and Cons? As soon as I fired up my car after installing the Boomba mount I could feel a short but very intense vibration, that vibration also occurred every time I blipped the throttle... no big deal I thought, then I took off out of my garage and wow... vibration city... right around the 1200 rpm range as most people have posted. Some said other than that vibe at initial take off was all they felt, I felt vibes all through the RPM range in all gears, and if any of you are like me, I usually do not shift back into first after a stop sign or turning corners, and like AC/DC... it shook me all night (and day) long. As far as shift engagements, there was improvement, but not at all worth the noise and vibes, and I experienced the same amount of wheel hop as I do with the stock mount. All in all, I was not happy with the product. I know Boomba claims the vibes will lessen over time, but I am just not that much of an enthusiast I suppose... LOL. I'm also going to go out on a limb her and say I even thought it slowed the car down... all the extra torque to the wheels, especially in 2nd gear... made the traction control kick in more and in sport mode the wheels just kept spinning. So a big disappointment for my first mod. Also very odd but since I re-installed the stock mount... the car shifts better than before I did anything, course that could just be the night and day difference. Hope this was helpful to anyone considering this mod. Now to get to trying to sell this thing.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts