Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
map proving grounds has a event coming to brainerd in sept. their website informs participants of a racing pad and hi temp brake fluid requirements. what is a good chice for both? thanks boyracer

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Car already comes with high temp DOT 4 fluid. I'm running the Hawk pads. Held up to endurance autocross event well so I'm happy with them.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Porterfield R4 or R4s pads and any good high temp fluid should be good your stock pads are ok though remember to turn off ESC or they will be gone fast and make a lot of heat too. I would call them and talk to them about pads I have a set of R4s on now and love them a lot like stock in grip and bite but so far less dust and I will be running them at a HPDE Aug 16th at Road America.
PORTERFIELD Brakes Not too many good options for us for front pads yet so you may need to order then now to make sure you get them in time. If I recall Brainard has some really fast sections and is heavy on brakeing .. Have Fun :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, as far as part numbers go I assume that the fronts with rear disc are correct for our st cars? some of the foreign fiesta suppliers call our fiesta models as mark??? not sure whats up with that,,,,i could not find a part number for hawk stuff. thanks for any additional help with sources. boyracer

·
Registered
164 Posts
I do not think Hawk has fronts out yet and I thought I saw Stop tech having rotors but I am not sure about pads yet.. I would call to make sure I have seen some folks get pads from like a RockAuto type place and while they sorta fit they are a lil shy on pad material and stoping power is a little less than factory.. Being the after market seems a lil slow in the states a good source would be the UK and there I think we are called the MK7 or 7.5 or ST180 depending on site ..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this thread, But I am sure Carbotech has something available. That's all I run on the race cars. And if they don't have pads for them you can send them a pad and they will make it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this thread, But I am sure Carbotech has something available. That's all I run on the race cars. And if they don't have pads for them you can send them a pad and they will make it.
Carbotech has Rears I think but Fronts are 3 weeks out as of 9/25/14 they needed a old set of front pads to make the backings the right size so I helped out :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts