Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brake pedal cover fell off today. Found it under the carpet. Rubber piece seems to have separated from the decorative metal surround.

Can't get it on one handed so I'll add it to the list of things for the dealer to address when I take it in for the RMM replacement.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
My clutch pad has a few of the rubber bumps torn off. seems that's what holds them on.It's just a matter of time before it all goes.

·
Registered
253 Posts
It's a pain, but a little heat to soften the rubber and you can stretch it on with your hands.

Or order up some SRP pedals and replace the OE ones :). (FWIW, I still have my stock clutch and pedal covers because I'm lazy-but I do have the gas and dead pedal from SRP.)

·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So far it's the biggest problem I've had. I can't get it back on. Stupid thing to have to make a service call for.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
No stupidist thing was we had to take SE in to get the change engine oil message off. who would ever think that u have to hold the gas and brake pedal down at the same time after ignition!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Dead Thread REVIVAL :)

Clutch pedal separated from the metal the other day, I popped it back on, and it's not going to stay. It lasted 64,000 miles. I'm guessing I will have to pay for another one since I'm pretty sure it's not part of my extended warranty coverage.

Anyone know of any aftermarket pedals that won't wear out before the car does?

·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The nubs on my pedals keep tearing off. I wish there were a redesign from Ford.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
As I noted way back when in a previous post in this thread., The little nubs had broken off. This was early in ownership. Well, It's nothing I told the dealer about, but after the next Oil change, it was fixed, a new one was on. Haven't had any break off since.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I have 41,000 miles no issues with degradation of the rubber on any pedals. What are you guys doing to your cars? Are you wearing shoes with lots of "impressions" on the soles? I wear sandals or chuck taylors usually in spring/summer and the bottoms of those are basically smooth.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I have 41,000 miles no issues with degradation of the rubber on any pedals. What are you guys doing to your cars? Are you wearing shoes with lots of "impressions" on the soles? I wear sandals or chuck taylors usually in spring/summer and the bottoms of those are basically smooth.
I were boots in winter, big grippy nobulars for soles. lol Running shoes otherwise.
Haven't had any problems after the initial pad.
Fingers crossed ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts