Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got 20k on my ST, should be good till at least 30k I hope. Just wondering what pads/rotors some of you may have purchased and if they are any good. I have used nothing but akebono pads on my cars the last few years. As far as rotors.. slotted? Non slotted, aftermarket? OEM? Thanks!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just put EBC red stuff ceramic on mine, very pleased. I also used their rotors. I recommend Carid.com great service

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hotach, are you getting any squeaking/squealing with your brakes? I am at 26K and get a slight amount of noise. Probably time to change out the pads. I may go with the OEMs for the 2014 which I read on the forum somewhere may be ceramic with less dust. I don't track the car, just commuting mostly.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hotach, are you getting any squeaking/squealing with your brakes? I am at 26K and get a slight amount of noise. Probably time to change out the pads. I may go with the OEMs for the 2014 which I read on the forum somewhere may be ceramic with less dust. I don't track the car, just commuting mostly.
Yeah was having squealing from front left for a few weeks, now no noise. One can go crazy trying to buy new pads... so many different options. I honestly do not get that much dust at all.. (2014) Was there a problem with the previous years? Over the years I have had great success with Ake Bono pads. They seem to last twice as long as your run of the mill replacement pad. And I do not track either... To work, and home, and the occasional weekend family trip... No need for slotted rotors and all that jazz... but I def do not want any squealing of any kind.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
The 2013 pads are dusty! The black Ford OEM wheels have helped lol. I read somewhere that the 2014 pad were changed, maybe to a ceramic base, for less dust. I'll have to get the existing pads checked out this fall. The ST is a low mileage car--bought it new in Jan 2013 and just turned 27K mi. Fairly short commute, and I ride a motorcycle for the commute whenever I can. Still need to keep the maintenance up though!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yes, the wheels on the 13 are filthy within days of being cleaned, my wife's 14 was built at the end of the model year and her wheels are always clean. I had 45K on the pads and still a lot of pad left, no noise, just tired of dirty wheels

1 - 10 of 10 Posts