Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just received a build-date from my dealer of August 13th. ST2 order placed Friday, May 4th.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ST2, edited the post.

Reactions: Americarsftw

·
Registered
778 Posts
That's awesome!! My guy doesn't get into the office for a couple more hours. Hopefully I get some news.
When did you order yours? (edit, just kidding, saw May 4th)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's awesome!! My guy doesn't get into the office for a couple more hours. Hopefully I get some news.
When did you order yours? (edit, just kidding, saw May 4th)
May 4th...first week

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Wow, this is awesome! My ST2 was ordered the first week as well, I'll have to check in with the dealer ASAP to see if there is any news.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Eeeeek! I hope I get mine soon... I hope it's in August.

If it's in September, I should skip class, drive to the plant, get Elnorte to sneak me in, and watch it get built. Too bad I won't have a car to drive across Michigan in.

Did you get a VIN too?

Ford Service Twitter, contacted. Dealership, emailed.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eeeeek! I hope I get mine soon... I hope it's in August.

If it's in September, I should skip class, drive to the plant, get Elnorte to sneak me in, and watch it get built. Too bad I won't have a car to drive across Michigan in.

Did you get a VIN too?

Ford Service Twitter, contacted. Dealership, emailed.
No VIN. I couldn't do much with it anyway.

·
Registered
894 Posts
The least you can do is purchase a super high quality SLR and take thousands of pictures when the car arrives. :D

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Right after I clean my car for the first time, it'll be going out for a long drive/photo shoot. I've got 6 cameras, after all.

Or wait, maybe 8. I lost track. I only use 5 of them.
Is it bad that I want to sell my Go-Pro and buy a DSLR? :!!:

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I have a DSLR. I'm looking forward to having the go pro for its ruggedness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
894 Posts
Right after I clean my car for the first time, it'll be going out for a long drive/photo shoot. I've got 6 cameras, after all.

Or wait, maybe 8. I lost track. I only use 5 of them.
This reminds me -- how are you guys planning to handle the dealer prep process? I'm so freaked out by that detailing guy on "Drive Clean" that I don't want anyone to even touch my car, for fear of them putting swirls in the paint. I'd like to ask the dealer not to wash the car at all, but is that unrealistic?

We should also start a thread for things to look for when accepting the car from the dealer -- things like scratches, misaligned panels, etc. One particular thing I'm going to check is whether someone tried to stick a key in the ignition, not realizing it was touch start, scratching the steering column in the process.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Unsure if this was answered elsewhere .... but what is the expected time between build date to delivery?
My dealer said 4 weeks.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts