Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yay for being the first? lol

So I've had to park my cars on my street, as I've been doing my driveway the past few days. Normally its fine, no issues ever. But for some dumb reason I had my new Focus parked behind my truck, knowing well that I was going to have to take the truck out later to go get material. Of course there was someone parked in FRONT of the truck as well so I backed up; with a full bed load of junk, totally spacing on the fact that my Focus was right behind me. And what do my ears hear? The nice crunching sound of the honeycomb grill breaking lol I knew right away what I was so I got out and check the damage. On one hand it sucks because the tow hitch was on so it put a hole in it. On the other if it wasn't on I would have backed right into the front of the whole car, doing WAY more damage.

As it stands right now the grill for SURE needs to be replaced, then how the bumper is hooked to it, I may need to replace the bumper as well. It tore off one tab and bent to shit 2 more. I don't think is any damage behind the grill, least that I can tell. My body guy and I are going to through it and see what needs to be fixed. If its just the grill and the bumper; and of course I'd need it painted, its going to cost be about 1k bucks. If I need anymore done on it I'll just go through my insurance.

So ya I'm an idiot haha least it still looks decent. And this way I'll post a video of the bumper being off and what it looks like underneath.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You made it sound so horrible! I mean I suppose it sucks since the car is new but damn!

First reply on first damage thread. Win.

Reactions: jackamick

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well its horrible for me lol cant ever have anything nice it seems haha I mean it could be WAYYY worse. The body guy was like "we going to go on a little adventure, this is my first time working on this car too" lol so we'll see how it goes. Hopefully I wont have to take the lights off.

O btw, each headlight is 800 bucks
and the raccaro seats complete are 1300 a piece
fyi :) haha

·
Registered
894 Posts
Definite props for being the first (of likely many!) to have a damage thread. Perhaps this an opportunity for a little customization? (I've always slightly preferred the look of the standard Focus front end, but with an aggressive body kit, like the Zetec kit from Europe -- maybe you could get that!?! = Instant sleeper. May have an issue with air flow to the IC though.) Ford Focus Zetec S 1.0 Ecoboost review - Pocket-lint

Good luck with the repairs!! It really doesn't look too bad for just driving around.

·
Registered
630 Posts
It actually doesn't look as bad as it sounded. It will be interesting to see how difficult it will be to get OEM parts for the ST being that it's so new of a vehicle.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. Someone with a truck and trailer hitch backed into my current car and totally drove off, probably without realizing they ripped up my front bumper and one of the flip up headlights. Similar thing happened to my wife's PT Cruiser when it was less than a month old.

Lesson here is, don't park your ST behind trucks. Even if it's your own.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
I feel your pain. I'd be gutted too. I have a crazy idea for you. Since SEMA is right around the corner, why not wait to see if anyone does some kind of front end treatment.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
dude dude dude. WTF! Man, that is horrible. Very sorry to see this.

Chad

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
so sorry. Nothing worse than dinging a car less than a few days old.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I hate to ask a favor while you're still in pain, but I will anyway: :eek:

Since the car is going to the body shop, and the front bumper will be off of it, I wonder if the body repair guy can figure out how the positioning of the bumper relative to the hood is done, and then you can report back to us if there is an easy way we can adjust the hood gap on our cars?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts